View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 05:58 PM

Rogue Builders - NO! Rogue Customer - What do you think ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/7361422.stm

What are your views on this local builder removing completed works, as customer would not pay ?
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:02 PM
I think it was brilliant, he gets a thumbs up from me. Why should he go the loser. If someone bought a car and didnt pay for it they would come and take the car back. So whats the difference.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:02 PM
I saw this on the local news both last night and tonight, in fact the main news last night too! Quite honestly, I LOVE it!!!! It works both ways doesn't it! xxxxx
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Good for him, I saw this on the tv this morning, and one of the reason the woman gave for the delay in payment, was that her husband had died over Christmas, when he hadn't she obviously had no intention of paying, so why not take back what is basically still his
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:19 PM
I believe he got the backing of the local council to remove the porch and the conservatory, so he went about it the right way

My oh is a builder and it really gets his goat all these rogue builders programmes, and often says "what about the rogue customers".

Fortunately, we have only ever come across 2-3 in all the years he has been trading. Saying that it hits hard on a small business when they are taken advantage of in this way!

Well done Nigel Gray
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Totally agree with that.... when my Dad first started his plumbing and heating company when I was teen he did a big job for someone, a luxury bathroom.

They never paid, even through court. It crippled him and eventually lost his business because of it happening so quickly into start up.

I reckon my Dad could've done the same, but he'd have had to break in to get his bathroom back lol.... and my Dad is too nice lol.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Totally agree with that.... when my Dad first started his plumbing and heating company when I was teen he did a big job for someone, a luxury bathroom.

They never paid, even through court. It crippled him and eventually lost his business because of it happening so quickly into start up.

I reckon my Dad could've done the same, but he'd have had to break in to get his bathroom back lol.... and my Dad is too nice lol.

Its the nice people that get weighed up and taken advantage of just not fair
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 08:36 PM
My Oh is a sparky and a customer refused to pay for one reason or another ( nothing to do with the works)...however Ash's partner Russ is well over 6 Ft and huge he said its ok we will just take back what we put it....They soon paid

Well done I say
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Totally agree with the Builders Actions. It was a council house and he had the councils approval and assistance to take it all down (just watched the item on the news five minutes ago). From the sounds of it the builder gave them time to pay but to no avail.
Thumbs up to him.
Icing on the cake is the council have told the tenant they have to pay for the house to be put back to how it was. Serves them right.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 09:26 PM
good on him!!!

all the materials were still his until paid for so sod em!!! she obviously had no intention of paying and obviously thouht she wouold get away with it and thinking he would leave it there!!!

Skanky cow!

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! serves her right!

Alex
xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >