Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Same here, I'm often found in the winter months stumbling around in the dark down by the river.

And after SB's thread I'm just waiting to discover my first dead body!

It's all I can think about when I go down there now!
a dead body what happened?

least it wasn't mine! I'm still alive and kicking, wouldn't want to find one though!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
a dead body what happened?

least it wasn't mine! I'm still alive and kicking, wouldn't want to find one though!

There was a post about how dog walkers always seem to find dead bodies first thing in the morning, ever since then I've been a bit - - given that I'm often down by the river walking the dogs at 5:45am in pitch darkness!
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 05:28 PM
I am too scared to go to any of the fields in the dark around here.... its not safe in the area I am at. We do some walking around the estate which is great for practicing walking nicely on the lead. I also do some training while out too (sit/down). She isnt totally cement on doing simple commands in public She wears a high viz when we are road walking.

If I am with a friend, or at my mums, she can have safe off lead time. There is a secure field by my mums house

Any walk I do in the dark, she wears her high viz and if off lead, her light up collar and jingly bell too
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post

There was a post about how dog walkers always seem to find dead bodies first thing in the morning, ever since then I've been a bit - - given that I'm often down by the river walking the dogs at 5:45am in pitch darkness!
aw, yeh, seems to be true tho! So many bodies are found by 'a dog walker'
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm not scared to venture anywhere on my own when walking the dogs but I draw the line at stumbling through woods in the dark! You dont know who's lurking about and it just wouldnt feel safe doing it. I've got a couple of cow fields on my doorstep but as soon as dusk comes, they are full of foxes, cats etc - all things my dogs will chase - so I dont venture out in the dark generally.

Local to me there is a GSD which has been lost for weeks now. It was being walked on the park at 2am and ran off after a fox and now it's vanished. I'd probably get that with my lot and I dont want to take the chance.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 06:39 PM
We don't go out in the dark, although Tilly has gone out in the car for the ride with hub on an errand
dark nights..... we play stair tennis of course
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=159261
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
We don't go out in the dark, although Tilly has gone out in the car for the ride with hub on an errand
dark nights..... we play stair tennis of course
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=159261
Jin is far too barmy to play stair tennis!

And you would NEVER see Tilly in the dark!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by MarchHound View Post
Jin is far too barmy to play stair tennis!

And you would NEVER see Tilly in the dark!
yes it's hard enough seeing her on the black rug & black stair carpet She has got a hi vis jacket for early mornings
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
yes it's hard enough seeing her on the black rug & black stair carpet She has got a hi vis jacket for early mornings
Jin has a high viz too. Helps when its fuggy. Even a lighter coloured dog like her blends in with browning grass
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2011, 12:55 AM
i know what you mean tillymint you can't see a pure black dog in the dark. We only ocassionally go out at night all year round as i work for a few hours 6-9pm ish most evenings and train monday but work longer hours saturday. only evenings i am free is thursday and sunday. He goes out for 1hr-1hr 30 between 12-1pm each day with his yellow bouncy ball.and apart from agility training 8.10pm-9.20pm monday we just stay inside and watch tv although i often get a ball not tennis that would be wrecked dropped at my feet,just asked my mum about stair tennis she wasn't keen lol.He has access to garden
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >