Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 09:05 PM

Causing quite a stir!

The last few days Rupert has caused quite a stir Saturday we took him to the local pet shop to try to get a new muzzle for him and he had a few people exclaiming how they've never seen a schwarz Deutsch Drathar or something like that. Someone translated it to black German Pointer and I tried to explain that he's not a purebred but don't think we managed to get the point across.

Then today I got stopped in the street by someone saying how unusual his colouring is for the breed I did manage to explain to them that he's a rescue and probably some sort of Lab cross though.

It's very strange, I'm used to being asked whether he's a Wolfhound cross, not being told he's an unusual colour for a pointer I can see similarities but there's no way on earth he's a purebred anything.

And because I can't resist, here's a picture of the tart, he's loving the attention he's getting!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Rupert is lovely, Sarah, whatever he is!
Paley71
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2011, 11:29 PM
He's gorgeous, I just love black dogs with contrasting white beards!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2011, 06:29 AM
What an endearing face he has ... no wonder causing a stir!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2011, 07:07 AM
I'd go along with what they say - it's better than them saying he's one of their banned breeds (I'm sure you had trouble with his passport because of it? Correct me if I'm wrong)

He does look a little pointer-ish in the face with the beard..
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Thanks

No, didn't have problems with his passport due to his breed, had problems with his passport because nobody knew how the hell we went about getting one (turned out we had to call the department of agriculture ).

Hubby had a row with someone because we didn't know his breed but that was for getting permission to have him in an army quarter. According to them we own him therefore we must know exactly what breed he is Just another Jobsworth in the forces, his boss didn't see the problem with accepting "crossbreed" once we assured him Rupe isn't a Staffie cross, Pit Bull or anything like that.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Thanks

No, didn't have problems with his passport due to his breed, had problems with his passport because nobody knew how the hell we went about getting one (turned out we had to call the department of agriculture ).

Hubby had a row with someone because we didn't know his breed but that was for getting permission to have him in an army quarter. According to them we own him therefore we must know exactly what breed he is Just another Jobsworth in the forces, his boss didn't see the problem with accepting "crossbreed" once we assured him Rupe isn't a Staffie cross, Pit Bull or anything like that.
That was it.. couldn't quite remember right.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Haha...if I crossed Bo (Slovak) with Dex (black Lab), hypotheically of course as they are both nuetered, I would imagine the results would look a bit like Rupert.