View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ray
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Only four people have recognised Abby as a Belgium Shepherd Dog while I've been out with her. I am usually asked if she is a GSD or GSD X. It doesn't worry me, especially as there are not many belgies about, and people can't be expected to know. I only ever saw one myself, when out and about, at Box Hill. (I've seen plenty at shows, of course)
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2006, 09:01 PM
I got asked at the weekend, if Odin was a large Corgi :smt044

duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by novavizz
When they are told that Tally or Nova is not a Weimaraner but is in fact a Hungarian Vizsla they then without fail say "Are you sure? I have never heard of them." Of course I am sure.
Ha-ha! Do they really think you'd make something like that up?

We've had lots of people ask about Bongo, but they don't seem to mix her up with any other breeds. As long as they say how pretty she is, I don't care what breed they imagine her to be
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2006, 09:15 PM
i get alot of people asking me what breed the boys are i tell them there collies and the same answer comes well collies are black and white i say yes but these are blue merle collies they are all from the same the same breed just different colouring it used to wind me up before because when you explained after a few minutes what they are the people would still say collies are black and white i just laugh it of now i know what the boys are at the end of the day
Cyrus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-08-2006, 11:05 PM
we`re often told our oldest boy is an akita or a rare black and white german shepard and nobody will be told that our youngest is not a malamute pup he is in fact a sibe just like the older one

We always get asked at least once a walk what they are
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2006, 01:23 AM
I can understand people asking what breed someone's dog is. A lot of people would not recognise most of the breeds on here. If I see a dog that I don't recognise then I like to ask what breed it is.

But why would anyone not believe the answer?! Do they know people that make up a new breed names for their dogs or something?
I suppose some people just like to believe that they know everything and are always right
frenchie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-08-2006, 05:54 AM
Phoebe is always being confused with either a Pug or a Boston. I don't mind that part, but when people insist that I must have had her tail docked.. that is the bit that really gets me
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
People assume Cassie's a cross or a pup cause she's so tiny. Drives me nuts when I tell them she's nearly two and they say...are you sure?? Considering we've had her since 6 weeks, yes i'm sure!
LOL - it makes me laugh, rather than annoys me, but people assume Moss is a cross because he is so big I have been asked if he is crossed with a Saint Bernard or a Bernese Mountain Dog before LMAO! Then people say "are you sure he is a full border collie" - well considering I met both his parents ... yes I am
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Yup

Fortunately I havent had anyone say anything about the golden, but the flatcoat

I was in P@H once and there was a little boy who was about 6/7 and his dad was pointing out all the dogs in the store saying what they were, when they were looking at my boy, the dad said 'Oh that's a setter cross lab' this boy obviously knew his breeds a bit as he replied is he lab because of him being black ? Smart kid to pick up on that the father went into great detail really analysing the dog, after saying he was like a lab, I turned and politely said 'He's actually a pedigree and it's a breed called a Flatcoated Retriever, they've been around longer than labradors' I was quite friendly when I said it, but the father looked at me with a very p**sed off face and said 'I know my breeds and I've never heard of that, you've been duped' Eh ?

I had to laugh and said I think you need to update your knowledge as I can assure you they are a recognised breed. This guy would not take it that I knew what kind of breed my dog was and he continued with a rant about how I was not knowledgeable at all and that my dog was a cross I smiled sweetly and pointed to a FCR calender that was on display near the counter. Then paid and left, whilst he looked very red

But I do get a lot of people asking if he is a setter cross, which is kind of true as flatcoats do originate from irish setters But Mr Know it all didnt have to know that
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-08-2006, 01:09 PM
lol-i've just got back from a long walk with Vegas into next village and feel complelled to share someones wise words! Someone asked me if Vegas was an African Ridgeback,but im not even sure if one excists.I know of Rhodesian Ridgebacks although the country of Rhodesia which was on the African continent no longer excists!

I have to add though-this was a teenager...
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »