View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2005, 04:14 PM
I've had 2 children I had streatch marks after having Louise but I didn;t have any with Thomas. They also don't appear to be so prominent either
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Me too, amts. I have been told that it is more likely in the last couple of weeks and that some celebrities opt for early caesarians to avoid them.
Oh thats whats to blame for my stretch marks then - I was nearly 2 weeks over with Daniel and Rhianna was 13 days late too (think they would never have come out if I hadn't been induced) so they must have come those last 4 weeks Good old Lozzy was only 1 day late - she's far too nosy to stay inside
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Good old Lozzy was only 1 day late - she's far too nosy to stay inside
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2005, 08:09 PM
i didnt get them on my belly and thought i was lucky, but caught a glimpse of my backside in the mirror and lo and behold, there they were.
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Well I was two weeks over with my 2nd I think the thing is not to put on too much weight too quick -skin can stretch but only at a regular pace and if you lash it on too quick then the skin can't cope ..but that said I know hefty peeps with skinny babes with stretch marks..so maybe alot is in the genes
The Great Gildersleeve
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Ok I'm a guy so what do I know?

But my Mum has no stretch marks and I believe she said that in her day, she had Olive Oil massaged into her skin.

On the other hand I had a lovely little tummy until 7 years ago when I had to take steroids and though they helped save my life, my tummy is now a little larger than before and does have stretch marks

Yet thankfully I am back to an acceptable weight for my height.

If I'd realised perhaps your tips might've worked for me

Gildy x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2005, 11:18 PM
Ah well, you know what - so many people get them all over the place, it's just a natural thing for the skin to do when stretching. Even in puberty it happens just from fast growth, so we should just shrug our shoulders and not worry about things like this. We're all great anyway
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2005, 08:30 AM
I never got them but was never very big when i was pregnant. My son Tom has quite a few on the tops of his thighs and he is only fifteen, but very tall five foot Ten inches and skinny.............. he needs to run about in the shower to get wet
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-10-2005, 08:34 AM
mine have got rounded of lucky
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2005, 03:03 PM
My tummy would put a BR rail map to shame Thankfully they're faded to they're not that visible.

I'm not really that bothered about them. It shows people that I've had 4 beautiful, healthy babies
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >