View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Try making soup - very very filling, lots of good things etc and I think I read somewhere that having soup as a main course reduces your consumption by 20% or someting.

Dead easy - just throw veg in a pot (with beans/lentils & things if you like, )cook and whizz or not, as you wish!) You could maybe take it as lunch if you've somewhere to heat it?
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 03:13 PM
I lost a stone in 6 months doing a low carbohydrate diet (atkins) I know it's controversial but it's the only diet that worked for me, well it's not even a diet it's a lifestyle.

I have maintined my current weight now for nearly a year and I'm really chuffed by it. I do more toning exercises now which helps.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Firstly thank you all so much for your encouragement and kind words - and you help.

I can cook realy well *bows own trumpet* and am fairly good with food - most of it is healthy. I do eat a lot of food - but it's good food, and I don't drink and don't much like sweets/chocolate etc.. I'm not sure where the weight is coming from. perhaps it's lack of excercise. i have a lot of trouble with excercise as I have a very bad knee and severe foot problem - undiagnosed as my doctor is an ass.

I am going through a very bad patch atm health wise - mentally and physically. Apart from the depression - a big problem right now is not having had periods since march and am definately not pregnant - so I'm in for an Ultrasound scan on friday. I am terrified that I'm infertile - but i'm prolly worrying too much...

OOO... off topic lol! anyway - I try to eat healthy, i suppose now I just have to cut down amounts and betweenmeal snacking. I am a sucker for toast and pasta... meh. I also love love soup so that's a nice plan.
I have a year to lose this though my mother (who can be a cow) wants me to be a size 12-14 by xmas. I don't know how I'll do it... She can get really nasty if i don't lose the weight. and my dad says i look like mandy dingle.

Another problem could be that weight runs in the family. Some people are able to eat more than others without putting on much - I only have to look at a lettuce leaf and put on a stone. my gran died of weight related trouble - bowel cancer and strokes, diabetes and leg ulcers and blindness.

And worst of all - i am getting chronic heartburn all day every day and I have other tummy pains too - and I put this down to something my mother had called Helicobacter Pylori which is a bacteria in the tum, and it can cause stomach ulcers and eventually cancer. but my doctor being hte ass that he is just tells me that whatever's wrong it's not a big enough worry to treat or even test, and to go away - and i know you're all gonna say to get another doc - but since august they've had a rule here that says that you can't change doctors. I am totally lost and feel my life and youthful beauty slipping away...

sorry... just let it all pour out... I never even knew I felt all this...

xx
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 06:43 PM
Sorry you are going through such a tough time

Perhaps swimming might be a good option as you won't put pressure on your joints as much?

If its any help bread really stacks on the weight - if you were to stop eating bread totally you will be surprised at how much you can lose.

You are lucky not to like sweets and stuff like that

It also helps to chew food thoroughly and eat slowly - to help digestion and to ensure your body breaks down the food through the system, those who don't chew thoroughly end up storing fat as the body can't break down the large pieces efficiently.

Colonic irrigation is one way of losing weight instantly and it really cleanses the system

I really hope things work out for you, - sorry that is such a rough ride right now, big hugs to you !
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by Zoundz

- but since august they've had a rule here that says that you can't change doctors. :

xx
There is no such rule -all doctors must have a 'open list ' they can in extreme circumstances close their lists and not accept patients for 3 months-but only in extreme circumstances but you have the right to change doctors if you wish

I'm also a fan of the atkins diet -I found it easy to do and I wasn't hungry -in fact I've got back into it today after slipping off it after my hols
I hope you feel better soon -I'd look into changing your doctor so you can get help with your health issues -honestly you can change and its really easy - Good luck
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Well - when i asked several surgeries here if I could join them instead - i was told I couldn't and that it was a rule since August and if i didn't like it take it up with the council who were the ones to put it in play. We lack doctors in this area - maybe that's why? they were really sharp about it - and said the only way i could possibly change was to move out of the radius of that surgery - or to file a formal complaint with the general practitioner.

xx
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 09:30 AM
Doesn't sound right at all -the council have nothing to do with GP' s ( sorry I'm on my hobby horse here LOL -I'm studying this at the moment with work )
Its the health authority who governs the Gp's -the local PCT set down the guidelines -if you have a hospital near you they will more than likely have a pct office in it -you could ring them and ask for a list of doctors with 'open lists' in your area -oooh you've got me on a mission now
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 10:13 AM
It didn't sound right to me either - and I am furious - but i've gotten to the stage where I would rather suffer than put up with my hateful muppet of a GP - he really takes the biscuit (and eats it too). I went in for the first time ever - last year some time, and told him about an undiagnosed, and very painful kidney problem/possiby pelvic trouble that I had been being tested for in ireland. he told me that not only were the medical notes from ireland of no use to him - but that kidney infections etc were common in women and don't need treatment. he also wouldn't write me a note for uni without about £20. I had to struggle in even though I was in so much pain i couldn't get off the sofa most of the time. it's all so nasty.

xx
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Right - I rang Swansea health authority ( I don't know if thats yours but its whats on your profile LOL ) and they said every doctor has an open list and there is no problem with anyone moving you're notes follow you from quack to quack so they are of relevance ( or should be ) ..I'd change doctors and maybe ask to be refered to a dietician too , to help with your weight
Good luck ..I'll butt out now
Tirnanog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-10-2005, 12:28 PM
This is rubbish I have never heard of this rule either - are we living in a police state or what - do they have other GP's in your practise can you see one of them preferably a woman - you are entitled to demand a second opinion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >