Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Tirnanog
Bellaluna can you keep in touch and let me know how you get on - why did your relative not use it? Like you I don’t get depressed as such just lethargic and seriously brain dead from Nov – March. Not very good as I am in college doing a PhD and I find it really difficult to read without falling asleep. I have to fight the desire to go to bed and hibernate which is what my body wants to do – April helped because I had to go out for at least 11/2 hrs a day walking her.
I sure will

I dont know why she didnt use it, but she certainly didnt give it a chance... Only using it 2 times.... Oh well that's my gain

I hope you find a solution... Luckily I have Luna, who needs out....

Jeanette
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Tirnadog: definatley get your GP to help as he could sort out some free sessions with the lamp for you. If like me you find it helps then it may be worth investing in your own one. All of us are so different what works for one may not work for another but it's definatley worth a try. Good luck
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2005, 09:04 PM
sorry to hear this........I love the winter dark days..I never feel happier
Tirnanog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-10-2005, 09:54 AM
[QUOTE=Inca]sorry to hear this........I love the winter dark days..I never feel happier[

Inca - wish I kew your secret - I seem to go into a decline after August Bank holiday - and despite the fact I love reading craft work etc - I find the winter almost impossible - it is now 10.30 am up on the computer and reading and yet I'm sleepy having had a good nights sleep and I have to force myself to do anything - the trouble is
it gets worse every year.
BY the way how the heck do you put an image into these reply boxes - cannot figure it out!! Thick I am
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 10:40 AM
[QUOTE=Tirnanog]
Originally Posted by Inca
sorry to hear this........I love the winter dark days..I never feel happier[

Inca - wish I kew your secret - I seem to go into a decline after August Bank holiday - and despite the fact I love reading craft work etc - I find the winter almost impossible - it is now 10.30 am up on the computer and reading and yet I'm sleepy having had a good nights sleep and I have to force myself to do anything - the trouble is
it gets worse every year.
BY the way how the heck do you put an image into these reply boxes - cannot figure it out!! Thick I am
Hiya, another sufferer here I'm afraid , although I think not really bad - for now. Exactly J's symptoms, I don't know whether or not it's hereditry, but my mum suffered terribly with it.

I haven't tried the lamp, but OH has put up a huge lamp in the back garden and it makes me feel better just going out into the garden. Funnily enough, when we went to Lapland 2 years ago, although there was only 4 hours daylight, I felt on top of the world, but there were loads of lamps outside with funny coloured bulbs in, I don't know if this had anything to do with it
Tirnanog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-10-2005, 05:33 PM
ashlady

Hi - I think they use a special day light bulb but too sleepy to think at the moment!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2