Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
being faced with an attitude like that whilst doing your best as you know it for your kids is not going to help anyone get out of hard times, you said theres people who would help but how do they help them?

and while you feel bad because your children live in poverty/income deprivation, you cant go out and earn for yourself, you have no career, 'not making anything of yourself' yet people tell you your 'benefit life is so easy' you are going to get off benefits HOW EXACTLY?
There organisations that are around for support and advice, you seek their help. Its a starting point.
I dont know exactly, so are we nowing saying that everyone that has benefits is stuck on benefits as theres no way out give over.. anyone that wants to go back to work will try their hardest, taking them one year or two.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I most certainly do not envy them, I would rather work to death, making something of myself than sit around taking others money.

If their entitled to it fine, I just feel that maybe its to much of an easy life for some, why would people want to go to work when their getting alot handed to them on a plate?
well then please explain how you as a lone parent etc etc are going to do the above (work to death...)
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:36 PM
There organisations that are around for support and advice, you seek their help. Its a starting point.
I dont know exactly, so are we nowing saying that everyone that has benefits is stuck on benefits as theres no way out give over.. anyone that wants to go back to work will try their hardest, taking them one year or two.
Despite being asked several times you have still not stated HOW?

Do you live in an area with high unemployment?

Do you have any experience of applying for jobs when there are over 100 applications for each one even for a toilet cleaner?

Where does the money come from to APPLY for jobs.

Where is this help, who gives it, where, when, how?

Please be specific!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Some people DO want to work and do so even if they get less than they would on benefits, because they have learned and been taught the work ethic.

This is exactly my point.

If you are surrounded by role models who do NOT have that work ethic, how will you "choose" to have one?

And WHERE will you work if there is no employment?
I know MANY people that have grown up in familys with no work ethics, this hasnt stopped them. why would it their, their own person and CHOOSE their own paths in life.

I am the first person to understand that atm, there is a shortage of jobs, its becoming hard for the jobless, and I feel for them BUT that has nothing to do with them that are NOT seeking a job, and will remain on benefits regardless.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:37 PM
If you dont know exactly how does someone else? someone who is responsible for looking after young children ON THEIR OWN with no other income apart from their benefits......come on, if you are so sure that they can then you must be able to tell us HOW
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:39 PM
I have said, I am not sure what I would do in these situations? all I know is I would be trying my hardest to make a better life for myself.

You both are talking of people that are on benefits, but seeking a job.. I havent I am talking about them that will remain on benefits regardless, not wanting to go out and work or provide themselves, as their happy for others to do it for them.

There two different type of benefit recievers.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:40 PM
I know MANY people that have grown up in familys with no work ethics, this hasnt stopped them. why would it their, their own person and CHOOSE their own paths in life.

I am the first person to understand that atm, there is a shortage of jobs, its becoming hard for the jobless, and I feel for them BUT that has nothing to do with them that are NOT seeking a job, and will remain on benefits regardless.
You know many people who grew up in socially and economically deprived situations? where no one worked? etc etc and yet you knew them which means they SEEN other ways etc and that also means another influence, many DONT have this....

But why didn't you repond to the example, I genuinely want to know HOW you would have got off benefits in that situation.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:43 PM
I have said, I am not sure what I would do in these situations? all I know is I would be trying my hardest to make a better life for myself.

You both are talking of people that are on benefits, but seeking a job.. I havent I am talking about them that will remain on benefits regardless, not wanting to go out and work or provide themselves, as their happy for others to do it for them.

There two different type of benefit recievers.
No, you are presuming that they want to do that, even if they do, how exactly do you tell them apart? The ones who want to and the ones who dont..?

What if they change their mind and want to work, how do they go about it? such as in the example...HOW?

Perhaps these people are trying too and dont see how, (just like yourself) but its too late for them as they are already in 'the poverty trap'

Please say HOW you would get out of that situation as I'm sure many a lone parent will appreciate it.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Despite being asked several times you have still not stated HOW?

Do you live in an area with high unemployment?

Do you have any experience of applying for jobs when there are over 100 applications for each one even for a toilet cleaner?

Where does the money come from to APPLY for jobs.

Where is this help, who gives it, where, when, how?

Please be specific!
dont forget childcare costs more than your minimum wage whilst looking at how you will do this...
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:45 PM
You can tell by their actions? The steps they take? I would have thought...

I have told you, I dont know what I would do..Just know I wouldnt sit down and take it I would be up and out, trying anything I could.

and before you ask HOW again - which I have said hundred times I dont KNOW, I have to dash..dogs to walk.
Page 15 of 19 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »