Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2009, 08:40 PM
now dont be horrified, but mine did hunt,

they used to get a whole rabbit, eat the insides that they wanted, pull the stuff they didnt want out, then sleep inside it....

ewwwww...

not that im saying you should be picking up road kill,

but they do love a bit of rabbit.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
now dont be horrified, but mine did hunt,

they used to get a whole rabbit, eat the insides that they wanted, pull the stuff they didnt want out, then sleep inside it....

ewwwww...

not that im saying you should be picking up road kill,

but they do love a bit of rabbit.
lol...waste not want not!!
but whos side are you on
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
lol...waste not want not!!
but whos side are you on
lol defo wee dudes side, but it wouldnt be fair not to mention there love of rabbit,

do butchers still do rabbit?
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Have to say one of the first threads I looked at when I finished work!!

Am just loving the pics, if you are looking on ebay anyway you could try looking for gardening Gauntlets or welder gauntlets as they would protect hands and arms from big scary teeth, though I have to say the pics with your neice suggest wee dude or dudette just wants some ickle schnuggles
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 06:22 AM
Lol hubby is a welder. Though he doesn't actually wear gloves to weld!! I am sure there will be something lying around!!
Wee dudes very own fan club!! How cute

the rabbit I can handle the sleeping inside part I draw the line

Apparently before I came back cj had already lifted her out for my neice then neice lifted her back in!!!!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 07:54 AM
OK...picked her up..Its a her btw..found a thingy that told me to watch where she pees from LOL..

Picked her up slowly..she was fine..then I sort of put her on top of my other arm..(like you do with rabbits)..not 100% sure but I think she put her teeth on my arm..she was sniffing at the same place..but I said..No..don't you bite me (not that I was terrified....much)..and she brought her head back up..it could have been a foot though..not sure..

Then I put her down and she was all excited running about and investigating..tried to pick her up again after a bit and she did the whipping the head around bit again..Def need thick gloves..might help my bravery..LOL
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 08:04 AM
OK..just read that female ferrets need spayed or mated at their first season or they die!!WTF!

I don't know how old she is..whether she has been spayed, whether she's had a season, or been MATED!!!

This is too scary territory
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 11:51 AM
3 years I have been trying to decide ferrets or rats and you find this wee BABE, she's GORGEOUS, so you are keeping her? She's so lucky and i'm so jealous. And yes she will need spaying, are you a member on Catsey? Tink over there is like ferret guru lol. x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
OK..just read that female ferrets need spayed or mated at their first season or they die!!WTF!

I don't know how old she is..whether she has been spayed, whether she's had a season, or been MATED!!!

This is too scary territory
you shouldnt have much to worry about untill the summer months,

if they dont get mated, they stay in season, the constant bleeding can make them anemic{sp}
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
OK...picked her up..Its a her btw..found a thingy that told me to watch where she pees from LOL..

Picked her up slowly..she was fine..then I sort of put her on top of my other arm..(like you do with rabbits)..not 100% sure but I think she put her teeth on my arm..she was sniffing at the same place..but I said..No..don't you bite me (not that I was terrified....much)..and she brought her head back up..it could have been a foot though..not sure..

Then I put her down and she was all excited running about and investigating..tried to pick her up again after a bit and she did the whipping the head around bit again..Def need thick gloves..might help my bravery..LOL
Well done hon! Takes a lot to overcome fear like that. Good for you Before you know it you will be wondering why you were making such a fuss
Page 11 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >