Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 10:31 PM

Dutch Members?

Do we have any dutch members on this site? I'm fairly sure i've seen the Netherlands on someone's location but can't for the life of me remember who it is!

The reason i ask is because i'm trying to source some Stroopwafels (i hope i've got that right). I used to work for a company that had a managing director who was Dutch and we also had several Dutch suppliers and occasionally we used to get Stroopwafels sent over and they used to get eaten pretty bloomin quick!

Anyway something made me think of them this evening and i've had a quick look on the Net for them and there are a few places that sell them and ship to UK but if i buy some i want them to be the real deal so was hoping for some Dutch input!

For those who have strayed into this thread and are wondering what the hell i'm on about well Stroopwafels are basically two thin layers of baked dough joined together with a caramel type mixture and i think maybe some cinnamon.

Hopefully someone can help me!! Thanks in advance!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 10:54 PM
I've just searched and found cintvelt is from the Netherlands Maybe send her a PM.........

Good Luck, hope you find the info you're looking for x
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Thanks for that Lou, I tried to search the member list by country but couldn't work out how to do it!
JackieS
New Member!

30-07-2010, 04:18 PM
I have bought stroopwaffles in Lidl from time to time. My mother in law is Dutch which is how I was introduced to them, and when she goes over to visit her family she always brings back a good supply of Dutch cheeses, meats and cakes. Lidls also at times stock Dutch cakes like meikepippe (sp) .
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Hi ... the info is correct... I'm Dutch and in the Netherlands... so stroopwafels.... not a problem at all .... pm me and we can get a transport going your way !!!!