Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I tend not to collect refuges................, or refugees................. but nobody refuses to collect my refuse............... tee hee

(sorry could not resist)!
That had me tittering away to myself!!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Fortnightly here and to be honest i dont have a problem at all.Infact often i leave my grey household wheelie bin for a month before putting it out.My blue recycling one however by 2 weeks is normally about 1/2 full so sometimes leave that for a month at a time too.

I just avoid things with un-nessary packaging and make sure the dogs go for whoops while out on walks so they dont go in garden where i will be forced to clearaway and stink the bin out.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-05-2011, 10:00 PM
We have weekly collection for both refuse and recycling, we don't have any bins just black bags for waste and orange bags for recycling. I shred and compost most of the garden waste and vegetable peelings etc go in the wormery.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
We have weekly collection for both refuse and recycling, we don't have any bins just black bags for waste and orange bags for recycling. I shred and compost most of the garden waste and vegetable peelings etc go in the wormery.
Much better idea -
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 11:53 PM
I don't know how people struggle with these bins we have these days, especially if there are only a couple in a house!

We have a grey bin - non-recyclable and food waste.
Blue bin - glass/tins/plastics
Brown bin - garden waste
Green box - paper/cardboard etc.

We have a collection every week, but for something different....
grey bin week 1
other bins week 2

Sometimes we dont put ours out, and it's still not full!
I recycle everything I can to make sure my waste bin is not full! I give what food scraps I can to the wild birds (and Teagan!), so that cuts down on food waste!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2011, 01:01 AM
[QUOTE=Hevvur;
I recycle everything I can to make sure my waste bin is not full! I give what food scraps I can to the wild birds (and Teagan!), so that cuts down on food waste![/QUOTE]

We rarely have food scraps with the dogs

I just dont know where it comes from.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2011, 06:12 AM
My nan, who lives on her own, has 4 bins and a recycling box! She can never remember what goes in which bin, bless her, its does seem a little silly.

We have 2 bins, a recycling box for tins, bag for plastics, box for papers and another bag for cardboard!!! with all these options the normal waste bin doesnt seem to fill.

We have just pulled up some turf and dared to put it in the household waste bin last week.... we were 'stickered' To be fair to the council here when we called them and advised we would remove offending turf they came the next day to pick up the other contents of our bin as we have alternate recycling / household weekly collections so we would have had 4 weeks of household eventually!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2011, 06:15 AM
We have weekly refuse and two-weekly recyc and garden waste collections. I only ever fill half a bag with rubbish and once the composter gets here, that should be even less. two-weekly collections for normal refuse would be fine for me. I don't think we're going to have a choice anyway

majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2011, 03:04 PM
We get fortnightly bin, recycling and green bin collections here.

There are two of us here and our bin is just under half full each fortnight. We do struggle with the recycling bin though and I have to mash that a lot to make sure that the lid shuts. There is a large family near us that were given two rubbish, recycling and green bins when the fortnightly collections started. Every fortnight they would put out both rubbish bins which barely shut but they never once put out a recycling bin. It must have taken them over six months to realise that certain things can in fact actually be recycled!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2011, 03:14 PM
From we got the cats the blue recycling bin has lot mote in
It. Cartons of wet food pouches hold 12 pouches
& as growing youngsters they eat 3 a day each so go tbrough right few boxed each week, i'll cut wet food down wee bit once theyre adults but both had rough stArts to life so best to get the food into them. Then theres all the litter bags too
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >