Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I read Sally's story Jen it's so sad for a dog this age having to start again.
It's awful isn't it? There's two 16 year olds in the kennels where I work at the moment, both of them looking for new homes due to a change in the owners circumstances. We've had write ups back from people who have taken dogs on from us and they say that the dog seemed to never stop looking for it's old owner . Although there are some who go home and live life to the full with their new family and never look back.

Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Aww good on your dad for taking on an oldie - she looks lovely too
Oldies all the way in this family! If I hadn't found Bandit at 7 weeks I'd have probably never had a youngster again but as it stands, with Bandit being so energetic, a young dog like Malcolm suited my house better than taking in an oldie that wants a quiet life. Bob and Scooby were both taken on at 10/11 years old and have been/are fantastic dogs.

At one point I had four dogs over the age of 10 years and although it results in a lot of heartache as they inevitably succumb to age and illness it's so rewarding I'd gladly live like that again. There's nothing nicer than having a huge pile of part deaf, part blind, oldies snoring away of an evening.

My Dad has loved every animal I've brought in to the family and I think the oldie love has rubbed off on him. He didn't even consider a youngster when he started his search
Azz
Administrator
Male 

13-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Nice to see you have him well trained

Seriously tho, good on you both for giving oldies a chance. I think about it, but then think I don't want to be losing another dog so soon.

Maybe as a second or third dog one day...
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Thanks Azz. I always keep oldies as a group it eases the hurt when they pass. People who take them on one at a time amaze me, I know I couldn't do it.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2