View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
firesrye
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-03-2013, 05:21 PM
For me it would have to be the German shepherd no other dog comes close.

Although i would love to own a norwegian elkhound.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Well I never thought I would stray from a Boxer, they will always be the breed closest to my heart and in some ways cant see us ever being without one, they get under your skin and are the dream dog............BUT I have a hankering for the PWD, and it wont go away, so I will have to own one to see if it gets under my skin too.... if it does I can always own both, I would have the PWD to show , and rescue an oldie Boxer.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Well I never thought I would stray from a Boxer, they will always be the breed closest to my heart and in some ways cant see us ever being without one, they get under your skin and are the dream dog............BUT I have a hankering for the PWD, and it wont go away, so I will have to own one to see if it gets under my skin too.... if it does I can always own both, I would have the PWD to show , and rescue an oldie Boxer.
sounds like a plan i would have another lurcher in a heartbeat. absolutely adore my girl, but i want something i can show, so thats lurchers out unfortunately.
i think i may have to go down the gundog route. like i said i adore my flatcoats, absolutely adore them, and can not wait to own one. i still want my weimaraner too.
the only other route i would go down is a hound of some description, i could go with a sighthound similar to my lurcher i suppose...
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
sounds like a plan i would have another lurcher in a heartbeat. absolutely adore my girl, but i want something i can show, so thats lurchers out unfortunately.
i think i may have to go down the gundog route. like i said i adore my flatcoats, absolutely adore them, and can not wait to own one. i still want my weimaraner too.
the only other route i would go down is a hound of some description, i could go with a sighthound similar to my lurcher i suppose...
Flaties are a breed I also would own ,x
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Flaties are a breed I also would own ,x
i have one very lovely lady to thank for my love of flatties. working with her dog for 2 years helping raise litters, introducing me to gundog training.. i think *think* they might be my breed by heart
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Without a doubt whippets . Have had them now for over 20 years and to me they are just totally perfect
sharon 1
New Member!
Female 

06-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Bulldogs!!

Always wanted one, everytime I saw one in the past I had to go and have a look. Love their funny little ways and mischievous manner and hes only 9 weeks old!!
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2013, 10:21 PM
For me, it will always be a dobermann.......it just is . It's a year today that our beautiful "chocolate" dobie girl, Gelert, left us for the bridge, she will be a hard act to follow for another dobe......whenever we can face it.
dixondog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-03-2013, 10:30 PM
.grin: German sheperds are all I see
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
Hi The nearest thing to a lurcher that the KC recognise is the Suluki beautiful crystalgirl
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >