Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by Imana-Banana View Post
Ha, ha, ha

Who would have thought you could have so much fun buying towels!!

Incidentally have you managed to source any for real?
Yeah - I think! I eventually gave up and telephoned the export department of John Lewis leaving a message for them to please call me back because of course from the 33 countries they export to as in people able to buy online does not include Israel. So why was I surprised?.

Anyhow they phoned me back and I think I have bought 6 hand towels colour charcoal???? and six colour duck egg blue - postage rather a bit much but it still works out a good price per towel. Paid by Visa so I am satisfied that is OK.

As for the company in India - I am still in email contact with them but only because the main site wants to know more about them. I have spoken to Visa here and they know that the main site is legitimate [well known here!] but the main site wants to know more about this company in India as to whether they are legitimate. They probably are but... for $22 for a dozen hand towels they can keep them!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

20-02-2014, 02:39 PM
Update on the ongoing saga of the hand towels.

Not having had any email confirmation from John Lewis I assumed that they had decided not to supply me after all.

I was wrong. They have just telephoned me to say that the delivery company cannot find my address. Not just the address itself but they cannot find the Moshav, and they - the delivery company, cannot get any answer when they have telephoned me.

But if that is the case, how come John Lewis has just telephoned me?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2014, 08:35 PM
I think that they are stringing you along, to try and make it seem legitimate... so that you won't perhaps report them or something. You'd know if they were calling you, so the bit about no answer is clearly something random, right?

I know that you didn't give them an incorrect address or phone number, because that doesn't seem like an error you'd make. Perhaps you should call them and have some strong words with someone.

A bit of "persuasion" can get them to come around I bet. Explain that you did everything by the books, and that they need to be more responsible and competent or they are going to have to deal with someone who has more power then you.

As you are elderly (a fact they probably know) it seems like they are playing games with you more than anything else to me. Lots of elderly people here get duped by fancy wording from companies and honestly... this sounds EXACTLY the same.

They seem to think the elderly are stupid, dense, and not in their right minds. Once you prove otherwise, they usually cut the act and treat you like any other customer.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2014, 09:57 AM
Sigh at the complications shops etc invent.. I simply cut down eg bath towels that are part worn to the size I want.

Less hassle and less frustration
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

21-02-2014, 10:34 AM
It was not a complication caused by the store John Lewis. It turns out to have been a mis-placed number in my telephone number that the delivery people had.

http://www.johnlewis.com/

Are a very well respected company and hardly the sort who would mess anyone about.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2014, 07:19 PM
I see... well hopefully everything gets sorted out okay. Would hate for you to have wasted your time.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

21-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Myra - or I will get the towels or I will get replacements or a total refund, although as I said, I never actually had a confirmation email of the order! But trust me, John Lewis is a company who are 100% trustworthy, and the funny thing is that as they do not normally deliver to Israel, this was done through their Export Department.

And that meant that I would not have to pay VAT plus the actual postage/delivery was far less than their normal charges - so if the towels turn up then great. The will have ended up at far less than I could have bought here!

And if they went adrift somewhere? Either John Lewis will send another set or they will give me a full refund.

Whatever happens I cannot lose
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2014, 11:15 PM
Ahh... well a very reputable company here (MANY chain stores, BBB A rating, etc.) tried to pull a fast one on my mother once, so I am always skeptical when stuff doesn't start to link up. Seems like you have everything under control, though.

Excellent, I hope the towels turn up and you don't have to waste time with a refund and seek the towels elsewhere.

I wonder why the email confirmation didn't show up though? Probably just a system hiccup or something.
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2014, 12:48 PM
At this rate Malka I'm tempted to pop into John Lewis and send you the towels
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

25-02-2014, 03:28 PM
Ahem - the towels are due to be delivered tomorrow between 8am [HELLUP] and 5pm, the delivery company telephoning me when they actually reach the Moshav. And I have finally found out the thread count which means that even though they are not the most absorbent they are only slightly below that, in other words farbetter than I had though and and had expected for the price,

However...

...I am not holding my breath waiting!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >