Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I was just talking to someone yesterday (who was explaining why he hadn't read the emails I sent him) who had dropped their iphone in their hotel room - it managed to land on the metal strip between the bathroom and bedroom and the screen has shattered so he can't read anything at all.

And that was with a case on it (though i didn't ask him what sort).

But I guess that might've happened to a blackberry as well?
i quite literally dropkicked my BB into a puddle and it's still alive (was running home in the rain, popped out of my pocket and i caught it with my leg and it went flying)

I LOVE the look of iPhones so so so so much, but I have heard so many people say they aren't that battle hardy!
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
i quite literally dropkicked my BB into a puddle and it's still alive (was running home in the rain, popped out of my pocket and i caught it with my leg and it went flying)

I LOVE the look of iPhones so so so so much, but I have heard so many people say they aren't that battle hardy!
I did this within days of getting my iPhone but I didn't kick it into a puddle. It dropped out of my pocket just as I took a step. I kicked it with the toe of my boot and it slid 15ft face down across the dog yard at work (which is paving!). It came away with a very small scratch on the screen but no other harm done. I think I'd have cried if it had broken!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2012, 08:39 PM
i can hand on heart say my iPhone has taken battering to the extreme - both my kids use it incessantly 5 and 2 years old, its been dropped, thrown, stood on and also dropped out of the car, off the top of the buggy and onto the floor of my parents house which is marble.. its never broken and is barely scratched - it has a screen protector and a wee rubbish £5 rubbery cover on it...

i would highly recommend them and will be waiting for my shiny new iPhone 5 when i am due my upgrade in december

also my dad dropped his into a fountain in canada, blow-dried it when he got back to hotel and it kept on working

can you tell there is a clumsy gene in the family??
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
i can hand on heart say my iPhone has taken battering to the extreme - both my kids use it incessantly 5 and 2 years old, its been dropped, thrown, stood on and also dropped out of the car, off the top of the buggy and onto the floor of my parents house which is marble.. its never broken and is barely scratched - it has a screen protector and a wee rubbish £5 rubbery cover on it...

i would highly recommend them and will be waiting for my shiny new iPhone 5 when i am due my upgrade in december

also my dad dropped his into a fountain in canada, blow-dried it when he got back to hotel and it kept on working

can you tell there is a clumsy gene in the family??
I'm starting to think we might be long lost cousins or something!!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2012, 07:34 PM
lol perhaps
brandonleo
New Member!
Male 

18-10-2012, 02:54 AM
Android phones are doing really well now. Samsung is on the up and rising.
Anyone familiar with the new NFC technology?
Allan53
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-10-2012, 11:26 AM
If you like BBs, I'd recommend you stay with them. iPhones, despite the hype, are a very different beast, so change just for the sake of trend probably isn't wise.

On the other hand, if you just want to maybe try something different, try reading a few reviews, paying attention to hard numbers like battery life etc (you'd know what you care about).

Just my thoughts.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2