Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smudgley
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2004, 08:22 PM

We had an uninvited guest stay with us!

Thursday morning we packed up the car & the caravan all ready for the off. 2 of my cats were in a secure area & the other was mooching around outside. She loves being out so we always leave her out when we go away & my dad calls round daily to feed & check on all of them.

All was well & off we went.

We arrived - positioned the caravan & I saw a little face in the caravan window - yep, "Mitten" had sneaked in the caravan & we had no idea. I was about to bring her home, but decided we'd see how she was. (I thought she'd be stressed) but no, she loved every minute of it, purring away & quite happy in the caravan. SO she stayed & enjoyed her first ever holiiday.

smudgley. x
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2004, 08:28 PM
awww how sweet
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-08-2004, 08:34 PM
Hope Mitten enjoyed her unexpected holiday
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

01-08-2004, 09:13 PM
aww thas great! an a great story for catpages too
Meg
Supervisor

01-08-2004, 09:36 PM
Lol Smudgley at least it was your own cat! A couple of weeks ago I left my hatchback up to keep the car cool..I was rushing to get to shops...shut hatchback while talking to a neighbour..started car ...then adjusted driving mirror to reverse down the drive and spotted little grey/white cat asleep on the back seat a good job I spotted her She is very friendly, quite old and and a bit deaf.. she looked quite suprised when I woke her up and put her in the next door garden
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2004, 10:06 PM
This prompts me too ask does anyone else's cat like traveling in the car.?

My Oscar meets me at the top of the cul-de-sac every evening/night (don't know how he does it I never arrive home same time any night) and then I open the door he jumps in and I transport him in style down the road to the house about 100metres. while he sits on the passenger seat.

Karen
Meg
Supervisor

01-08-2004, 10:14 PM
[quote="Kazz"]This prompts me too ask does anyone else's cat like traveling in the car.?

My siamese used to go with me and sit on the parcel shelf ..but then he used to come with me when I walked the dogs much to everyones amusement as did Thomas 'Shnat'..bought up by a Schnauzer so half dog/cat and thought he was a dog
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Ah My Oz used to come when I walked the dogs and pottered along when Sal was tiny maybe he'll come again with Tess but he's getting old now.
You should have seen the looks of pure "fright" on peoples faces when he used to appear in the middle of a field while I was walking off lead Staffords. I think people thought the dogs would rip him to pieces, but they always laughed when he used to walk over and "beat" them up.
He used to "talk" all the way there and back and the dogs especially Sam wouldn't leave to come home without him.
Odd the things they do isn't it.?
Karen