Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 08:50 AM

Today's mission!

Hee-hee!!! I had a dream last night about stripping off the horrible peeling wallpaper in the bathroom, so I woke up on a mission to do it. It looks like the last idiots stuck this stuff on with prittstick, so it's just falling off at the lightest pull

I do wonder why people think it's a good idea to paper a bathroom, both houses have ended up with it curling up at the corners, and this stuff, although blue, turns a weird shade of brown any time water touches it

Anyway, I reckon, even with a trip into town for paint and polyfilla, I could have the wall paper off, a few bits patched-up, and a coat of paint on before my unsuspecting husband gets home from work tonight Question is, will he notice?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Yes wallpaper is a bit of a pain in a bathroom isn't it. I have got two walls tiled and then paper on the remaining two walls which seems to keep on okay. Hope you hubby notices all your hard work
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Well that sounds pretty sensible. But wallpaper right over the bath and shower..?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by duboing
Well that sounds pretty sensible. But wallpaper right over the bath and shower..?
Yes its a lot better than when we used to have paper on the sink and toilet wall, we used to just have the bath wall tiled.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Wish I could afford to get the whole lot retiled, but that'll have to wait till we get the whole bathroom done (probably about 10 years )