Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Yours are probably thongs compared to SALLY'S,LYNN
Imagine she's all about comfort,dual purpose,can also be used as a tent!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Runs to comfort Sally who has broken down into tears on hearing this slight on her sylphlike figure
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Ooohhh that's a bit naughty Eileen. You will be feeling the back of Sally's hand.
Can't do thongs they are so annoying. I like comfort.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Yeah I'm the same, I like the shorts that you can buy now, they are sooo comfy and nice fitting
Lore, so sorry to hear about your mum, she'll have to have a cast on, I shudder to think what may happen
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 07:36 PM
TW,Sense and Sensibility is on again at 9,thought since you missed it the other night,you might want to watch
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Me too sorry to hear about your mum Lore. It's why I wouldn't go for another big dog when I got my Cavvy - was still in UK then but suffering odd bouts of arthritis/rheumatics and just didn't feel 'up to' having a huge dog lunging on a lead until it was trained. (Fortunately the achey joints don't bother me hardly ever since moving away from the damp West Country).

TW - I do feel for you - I've had my trials and tribulations with my youngest son in the past. But i would always keep a line of communication open and could never ever 'disown' or completely turn my back on any of my kids. I love them all regardless - I just say some of them are 'easier' to love than others and some easier to 'understand' too.

And as it sounds as if a lot of his problems are 'drug related' you have to bear in mind how much that influences what he does while he is still hooked. If that is the case I hope there comes a day when he sees what it's doing to his life and turns it round. It's usually the case that they either have no good memory of what they've done or said or just cannot 'face up to it' so find a version they can live with.

It's very very painful to face up to any child not 'turning out' as you hoped they would, or living up to your expectations of them or fulfilling their potential. Very painful to see them seem to 'throw away a good future' and very hard indeed to 'step back' from it. But sometimes necessary for your own sanity. Doesn't mean you have to deny their existence forever or behave as if they are dead or vow never to have them in your life again. I really really hope one day you two can re-establish some sort of relationship even if it is only based on small talk and the occasional 'hi how are you' stuff. For each of you to at least know that the other is still alive and (hopefully) doing OK.

Sometimes it is meeting a 'good woman' that turns them round. Certainly was the case for Dan about 5yrs ago. And now he is the world's best dad and a very fine 'stepdad' too to his 3 stepsons.

Jen and I having the boys again tonight. We cooked them pizza and chips and ice cream for pud. They are again watching a dvd while Dan, Em and the Baby are in town for dinner and drinks. We've told them to make the most of it coz when they get back to Bracknell it will be Pizza Hut with all 4 kids for 'eating out' and they NEVER go anywhere without them coz they just don't have a queue at their door begging to babysit 4 children!

I will put some photos up soon. My little granddaughter is a natural 'water babe' fearless and plucky in the sea and the pool.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Daughter in Law says her mother will be DEVASTATED if I don't stay at her house and is already CRYING about it -
Yes Pat, I'm sure you're aware of how East Europeans regard familly, it was always mandatory for me and OH to spend Christmas in Czechland and yes we had to stay in Mil's house (Also occupied by OH's younger brother & familly)

Our bedroom overlooked the main road and I used to count the Russian Army lorries and tank transporters trundling past at 2am in the morning as it was impossible to sleep and certain people back home who shall be nameless were always interested

But MiL was wonderful, always cooked for us every day and point blank refused to let us go out to eat (Not that there was any restaurants around to go to )

Also, just for the record, Christmas in Poland is not the really cold time, that usually comes in mid January and the -25C temperatures are often only in February.

So go on, pack a few winter woolies and you'll have a wonderful time
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Lore, I am sorry to hear about your mum. That arm is going to be so much more painful without a cast isn't it? What a rotten thing to happen.

*chews thoughtfully on TW's gifted doughnuts, before clipping Eileen around the ear, HARD

I have never, am not, and will never own large undies!!! Thongs must be the pits though and I have never been tempted by those, but I do like silk. Not much point in wearing a bra really
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 07:40 PM
hello Harvey
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Granny Nicks for me

Glad to hear you're feeling more positive now Lynn
Sorry to hear about your Mum Lorraine. Hope someone can persuade her to have a cast on. It will be very painful if she doesnt.
I'm just having a lovely hot Chocolate with marshmallows in & had a bar of Choccie as well Nothing like a choccie overload
The decorator called this afternoon asking can he come tomorrow instead of Friday as he's finished his last job early so panic stations here I was just going to sand the door down before painting it but if he's coming tomorrow I might as well leave it till weekend so we've had to shift all the furniture from the front room & squeeeeezzzze it in the lounge part. Will have to find room for the puter & desk in the morning before he comes.
I had to dash down to Morrisons for some bread & milk & some biscuits as I suppose he will want a drink ( or 4) and biccies.
Page 8 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »