View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2013, 06:57 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Wednesday).

Morning all another lie-in. But we do get a few Kevin stages through the day and just before bed time which I will be glad when they end. They are easier to deal though than the incessant barking and getting me up at 5am everyday so thankful for small mercies as they say.
It isn't raining but has the look of it could go either way weather wise. I am keeping fingers crossed for sun. I think its meant to be better tomorrow again if not today.

Not much on here again today. Except waiting for news on mum from the new assessment which I doubt we will receive today and news from Michael who is visiting. We may get the assessment news if he is there at the same time as he won't let them go if they are management visiting without a fight to get an answer.

I had a bad head all day yesterday not a bad headache one of those niggley unsettling ones. I slept ok but with a troubled head and mind and had some funny and weird dreams. I have to tell you part of this dream it is so funny. The beginning was about mum not surprising and moving her care home the other funny bit was about me being in a shop near by. It was dark and the radio was blaring next to the till all the people serving were Asian so what with the noise and the language barrier I couldn't understand the amount they wanted me to pay. I kept asking them to repeat it and in the end this old woman serving me got really abusive to which I replied if the radio wasn't blaring I could hear you I didn't like to say I can't understand you either. Anyway eventually in my frustration I hit her over the head with the french stick I was carrying.
Gorden and his quick wit came back with the reply is that assault and baguettery.

Now for the serious stuff of the day.
jenny sorry to hear about your mum not sure what is worse watching them trapped in their own little world and not aware or trapped in their body and fully aware what they aren't capable of. Either one of those is hard work and emotionally draining for the family. (((Hugs))).
Sally the same for you and what you are going through at least we have a good support network here and we understand each others frustrations and heart ache. (((Hugs))) for you too.
Lorraine sorry to hear about your dad still being uncooperative it is a good job you are on the whole a strong person. (((Hugs))) sounds like you need some too.
June hope the finger is feeling better and I wonder if you might find out why Keshi is getting wet. Sounds like she sneaks out into the rain when you aren't looking.
Helena I hope the back is feeling easier. Do take care on your walk today no up and down hills if you can.
Pat anymore bargain hunting today ? What I have I missed about China and Tibet ?
Harvey hello in case you pop in.
Chris if you pop on line I hope all is well with you and yours we have missed you being around.
Moyra I hope yours and your sons backs are feeling better and that Amber is recovered now.
Mini I do hope you are feeling better and that you may be able to rest today.

I am sure there are some I have missed so apologies.
To those I have missed wishing you well if ill or family are ill or pets and if you are having troubled times hope you can see a way through very soon.

I will catch you all later. In the mean time have a safe and hopefully dry Wednesday.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-05-2013, 07:13 AM

"assault and baguettery" nearly caused a naccident 'ere! I do have some strange dreams at times but I do not remember ever bomping anyone on the head during one!

I have just been attempting to teach Da Booga "swapsies" after she picked something up wot fell out of the freezer when I was trying to re-arrange yesterday's goodies. It did eventually work but what she had left was probably not worth the bother. Oh well - problem is there is stuff that I packed and froze that I know I did not buy...

Hope nothing drastic has happened to the loved ones and poorlies - I cannot remember what time I went to bed yesterday but there seems to be pages needing ketchup, so hope all is as well as could be hoped for, and if it is not then sending loads of (((hugs))) to all who need them.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post

"assault and baguettery" nearly caused a naccident 'ere! I do have some strange dreams at times but I do not remember ever bomping anyone on the head during one!

I have just been attempting to teach Da Booga "swapsies" after she picked something up wot fell out of the freezer when I was trying to re-arrange yesterday's goodies. It did eventually work but what she had left was probably not worth the bother. Oh well - problem is there is stuff that I packed and froze that I know I did not buy...

Hope nothing drastic has happened to the loved ones and poorlies - I cannot remember what time I went to bed yesterday but there seems to be pages needing ketchup, so hope all is as well as could be hoped for, and if it is not then sending loads of (((hugs))) to all who need them.
Morning Malka. I always find with swapsies it doesn't seem to matter if it is of lesser value they always think it is better than what they had.
How can that happen do you have fairies putting stuff in your freezer when you are not looking.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Morning Lynn, Malka and fellow members,

A great night sleep which I think I was need of. I've just had the dogs out for a quick 15 mins so I know that they have done everything before I go to visit my Mum. My son will take them out for their morning walk which I'm relieved about as this afternoon looks very wet here in Surrey,

Lynn - You clearly meant 'business' in your dream and what a weapon of choice Beware of women carrying baguettes I hope Michael has a good visit with your Mum and the assessment goes well for her. I hope the gorgeous Dillon is a good boy today for you and you enjoy your walk.

Malka - I hope you and Pereg and a restful sleep last night after the excitement of the day.

If anyone else has snuck in while I've been typing 'Hi' and catch up when I'm back from my Mum's.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2013, 07:36 AM
Morning jenny. Safe journey to your mums. I hope it won't be too upsetting for you.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2013, 07:51 AM
Morning Lynn, Malka, Jenny and all

I hope there is good news on your mum today Lynn and that your headache stays away. Lol at your dream, so funny.

Naughty Pereg for chomping her illegal gains but good for eventually doing swapsies!! That is something we practice a lot here.

Hope your mum is ok Jenny.

It is bright here atm but rain forecast for later. The dogs were fed earlier so we will be off on the bike shortly, well two of them will, and the others will be walking through the woods, hopefully not too muddy and I will try to stay upright this time!

I have had a very busy week, this is the first free day since Thursday and the last until next Monday.

I am still having internet problems, it comes and goes frequently. Now that the new router is set up and the connection is good I need to get back to the ISP to recheck their end, I am seriously thinking of trying another provider to see if that will work.

Have a good day all.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2013, 07:55 AM

Sorry feeling fed up and miserable today, so I will leave you all to it
Meg
Supervisor

29-05-2013, 08:04 AM
Good morning fellow members a dark damp day but at least the rain is working wonders for my newly planted raspberry canes and runner beans

Mini I do hope you are feeling better and that you may be able to rest today.
Thank you Lynn still feeling rough, my DIL who 'gave' me this infection is still coughing badly after 3 weeks.
Not to worry, I have a free day today and can potter at my leisure and cough in peace .

Enjoy your day everyone
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Morning all!
Off for a two mile run when I can convince myself I do actually want to go haha
Then off riding
Then driving to London. Don't feel there are enough hours in the day today
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

29-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Morning all, sorry to hear so many of you are poorly or have poorly relatives, hope you get better soon, and sort any problems out.

A dull day here, got a trip into town later, to do some shopping, so rushing around to get housework done first.

Have a good day (if you can) folks...xx
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »