Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2013, 05:50 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Wednesday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

Well, totally different morning here from what I've been used to Absolutely chucking it down on the south coast. Whilst that's good news for my newly laid turf, it's not so good news for the new carpet being fitted today, and the fact that I can't leave Zena out in the garden with the bootroom door open. If only we hadn't knocked that big hole into the lounge, I could have shut the fitters in there, so it looks like a long walk in the rain for us then.

Lynn, I hope you get some feedback from the agents later on today if not an offer, that would be nice wouldn't it, but I suspect that would have come yesterday when he'd viewed them all cos these type of peops usually know straight away and secure it once outside with the agent. That is what I was told by mine when we were selling ours, and that's exactly what happened with our buyers, they put their offer in as soon as they walked out of the door. Finger's crossed though that he needs time to make a decision, and that there will now be lots of others wanting to view, it's all very strange to me, maybe change agents as soon as you can hey.

Bitkin, I hope Jimmi's foot hasn't erupted with that red lump, and it's probably raining at yours too today which means he won't want to go out. Hopefully, it'll all be gone by lunchtime and he can go out on his jolly's.

Moyra, I do hope you're feeling much better today and if not, then you need to go to the doc and get a test done and then you can sue the pants off Tesco's via the EH!

Lorraine I hope you're feeling much better today with that headache of yours.

There's no more real news from Dave about his worker, but if he doesn't turn up again today and no sicknote, then we have to do the same old with him until we hear from the solicitor. Hopefully, he's back in the office today and will ring Dave as his secretary promised yesterday. Dave needs to speak to him, I'm sure we can do something now.

Apparently, I'm not first call with the carpet this morning, even though that is what I booked, but I am down for this morning before lunch. I've got to go to the post office and collect a parcel which they couldn't deliver yesterday (oh noooooo, not the post office again!!!! ) I know where it is now though and I know where to park safely

I'm sure some of you must have that sunshine, and I hope it gets to us later on, I'm missing it already. Enjoy your day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2013, 06:03 AM
Morning Helena. Its going to be a walk in the rain for us too today.
Good luck with the carpet fitting and the post office and fingers crossed that Dave gets the call from the Solicitor today, telling him he can do what he wants and needs to do now.

Gorden felt we wouldn't hear yesterday about the viewing as our viewing wasn't till 3.30pm. Not sure if ours was last on the list or not. He had viewed 7 throughout the day and was looking to purchase two. So Gorden's feeling was he would need to go home and have a think.
We were not expecting a viewing from an investment buyer let alone a viewing so will not be surprised if we get the words along the lines of nice house not what he is looking for.

Everyone who was feeling poorly yesterday I hope you are feeling better today.

Have a good Wednesday all.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2013, 06:18 AM
Morning Lynn, yes, Gorden could be right there, so let's hope you hear something back today and if not, I'm sure you'll be on their backs if you hear nothing.

Blooming weather I'm glad I took Zena out for that 3rd walk cos she isn't bothered this morning, she can have a trip to the post office, a quick ball chuck and wee on the way there, before she gets shut in the bedroom for maybe 2 hours. At least this is the end of it all now, our last imprisonment in this house cos there will be no more workmen ever! Apart from Dave of course!

Enjoy your walk in the rain then Lynn and I'll try and do the same.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2013, 06:24 AM
Ha ha i'm jumping for joy at the thought of it.

Are you cracking open the champers later when the carpet is done to celebrate no more workmen ?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-05-2013, 06:24 AM

Having been up for over four hours I actually have nothing to say.

Yet,

[Do not all cheer at once please]
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2013, 06:33 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Ha ha i'm jumping for joy at the thought of it.

Are you cracking open the champers later when the carpet is done to celebrate no more workmen ?
Lol, I would, but it's not the same drinking it alone is it!!!

Originally Posted by Malka View Post

Having been up for over four hours I actually have nothing to say.

Yet,

[Do not all cheer at once please]
Morning Malka, I hope that isn't bad news that you've been up 4 hours already ?! Hope not anyway, hope Pereg didn't get you up and that she's fine this morning, even if you feel a bit bleurgh.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2013, 06:35 AM
Morning H and all,

Not raining here yet and Lily and I got a dry walk. I do her longer walk early in the mornings and a quick trip round the block for 20 mins at lunchtime. I have a feeling it may be wet here by lunchtime though.

Last day for going to see to the elderly lady this morning as my friend arrives back from Portugal very early this morning and will take over tomorrow, mind you the rest of the week is not looking very peaceful either as tomorrow I have promised to help a friend get her house straight and Friday I have my mums shopping and housework to do as well as working each afternoon and evening

Hope all goes well with the carpet fitter today H.
Lynn I hope you get some positive feedback today if not an offer.
Malka I hope you find something to say soon
Take care all and enjoy your day.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2013, 06:42 AM
Morning Ladies, still not right but the pains and sickness have gone just left with tail end rot. Out early this morning in the rain with Amber. Not very nice out there at all. Hope it is going to dry up later but of course the garden does need it. Hope you hear something Lyn and hope your carpet goes down lovely Helena. Hope you are ok Malka not like you to be so quiet! Have a good day all.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

It clearly rained here overnight but its not actually raining at the moment but I can feel it is imminent.

Helena - I do hope the carpet laying all goes well and won't it be fab when they leave and that is it ..... oh apart from a really good hoover What a shame the good weather didn't hold on for one more day.

Lynn - I hope you get some more viewings soon and get some positive feed back from your viewer yesterday.

Bev - You are one of Earth's good people who is always doing things for other people - bless you. How is Lily doing?

Malka - Hello silent person.

Moyra - Sorry you are still feeling tender and hope you are back to normal very very soon.

Housework day today and I need to do a big food shop as we are virtually out of all essentials.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2013, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning all Dogsey Peops

Well, totally different morning here from what I've been used to Absolutely chucking it down on the south coast. Whilst that's good news for my newly laid turf, it's not so good news for the new carpet being fitted today, and the fact that I can't leave Zena out in the garden with the bootroom door open. If only we hadn't knocked that big hole into the lounge, I could have shut the fitters in there, so it looks like a long walk in the rain for us then.

Lynn, I hope you get some feedback from the agents later on today if not an offer, that would be nice wouldn't it, but I suspect that would have come yesterday when he'd viewed them all cos these type of peops usually know straight away and secure it once outside with the agent. That is what I was told by mine when we were selling ours, and that's exactly what happened with our buyers, they put their offer in as soon as they walked out of the door. Finger's crossed though that he needs time to make a decision, and that there will now be lots of others wanting to view, it's all very strange to me, maybe change agents as soon as you can hey.

Bitkin, I hope Jimmi's foot hasn't erupted with that red lump, and it's probably raining at yours too today which means he won't want to go out. Hopefully, it'll all be gone by lunchtime and he can go out on his jolly's.

Moyra, I do hope you're feeling much better today and if not, then you need to go to the doc and get a test done and then you can sue the pants off Tesco's via the EH!

Lorraine I hope you're feeling much better today with that headache of yours.

There's no more real news from Dave about his worker, but if he doesn't turn up again today and no sicknote, then we have to do the same old with him until we hear from the solicitor. Hopefully, he's back in the office today and will ring Dave as his secretary promised yesterday. Dave needs to speak to him, I'm sure we can do something now.

Apparently, I'm not first call with the carpet this morning, even though that is what I booked, but I am down for this morning before lunch. I've got to go to the post office and collect a parcel which they couldn't deliver yesterday (oh noooooo, not the post office again!!!! ) I know where it is now though and I know where to park safely

I'm sure some of you must have that sunshine, and I hope it gets to us later on, I'm missing it already. Enjoy your day everyone
what you need is one of the wonderful 'folding fences' that you can use to keep kids away from one end of the room. You could put it up at the 'opening' when needed and fold it away when not.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »