Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2022, 08:00 AM

Fancy, It's Friday 25th March 2022

Morning peeps. Hope you all have a good day and do whatever takes your fancy. I just wish people would phone me instead of texting and emailing. So nice to be able to speak to someone. Ah well I suppose they are so used to doing things without speaking. Have a good day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2022, 08:59 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Not many of my friends have smart phones so it is usually a phone call from a land line. I usually text my eldest but speak over FaceTime once a week but with Ben and th girls it is video calls through WhatsApp.

It is a lovely morning here. Repairing a bit of the bathroom ceiling ready to paint it. I just hope the repair we had done to that bit of roof was the problem.

Ben's wife arrived safely yesterday and arrived at mine early evening so that she could go and pick the eldest up from gymnastics. She has come on her own leaving the two youngest with her family. She is here for a month. When the rest arrive we wait to hear. Birthday day out for the youngest so will be busy running around with them tomorrow.

Hope all are well. Take care
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2022, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning peeps. Hope you all have a good day and do whatever takes your fancy. I just wish people would phone me instead of texting and emailing. So nice to be able to speak to someone. Ah well I suppose they are so used to doing things without speaking. Have a good day.
Brenda have you tried replying "would be nice to speak to you" must admit I assume a text or email is less intrusive you can read at your leisure
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2022, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Not many of my friends have smart phones so it is usually a phone call from a land line. I usually text my eldest but speak over FaceTime once a week but with Ben and th girls it is video calls through WhatsApp.

It is a lovely morning here. Repairing a bit of the bathroom ceiling ready to paint it. I just hope the repair we had done to that bit of roof was the problem.

Ben's wife arrived safely yesterday and arrived at mine early evening so that she could go and pick the eldest up from gymnastics. She has come on her own leaving the two youngest with her family. She is here for a month. When the rest arrive we wait to hear. Birthday day out for the youngest so will be busy running around with them tomorrow.

Hope all are well. Take care
Lovely morning here too Gert racing around the garden now flopped at my feet.

Will be nice for the girls to have their Mom here and husband and wife to be reconnected as well I expect leaving all she's knows is a big commitment for your daughter in law, trying by dipping a toe and now a foot in.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2022, 11:51 AM
Lovely morning here can hear lawn mowers in action and a nice bit of reggae out there too unusual around here to hear music but very nice I have to say

Gert has had a good race around the garden and enjoying the back door being open so she can do a full circuit of the house and garden; out, round, in, up, round, down, round and out again. Now flopped on the rug at my feet.

Have a good day all
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2022, 02:06 PM
Brenda...I don't have your number so can't call you lol
Well.... freedom!!! Have the place to myself for a few days, currently binge watching Derry girls
Sun is shining, made lunch and dinner done in advance, washing up done and might then go and sit in the garden for a bit
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2022, 02:23 PM
Enjoy your chilling Kelly.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2022, 02:50 PM
I will Brenda, bit annoyed, my dad obviously got a Chinese Wednesday night, luckily I opened the oven today and found the left overs in containers.....I was only putting my dinner out of the way. I was also left with a load of washing up, nevermind, done now and can please myself for the weekend. Mum also ordered crisps and pringles and a case of lager.....even though Steve and I told her to take them off the order, he understands I am trying to avoid bad stuff to try and get my weight down, mum seems to be wanting to sabotage my efforts, she was very funny with me yesterday, I bought a dress, it's knee length and lovely, I showed her and she said she would "prefer it longer" it's to my flipping knee! I really don't look my age so I can get away with mini dresses anyway
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2022, 07:31 PM
Mum and dad arrived o.k, mum didn't get mugged by a seagull whilst eating her ice cream ( I could hear them when she rung me earlier...that was with the window shut lol)
Don't think it will be a peaceful weekend here.....next door started again, spoilt little cow has no respect for someone else's property or other people who actually own the surrounding properties. Rung my neighbour and the first thing after she said "hi" was.....guess you are calling about the banging. I swear I thought it was the bailiffs....the aggressive banging on the door for 10 minutes.... evidently there was nobody in, her mum wasn't there and surely you would ring your brother if he was supposed to be there...not just keep hammering....she behaves like such a spoilt child, throwing her handbag (she's coming up 17)