Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Anniebee View Post
LOL, I sometimes take my two into PAH and yes , I agree,there does seem to be more little dogs than big ones, but then, in some ways they are easier to take around places generally than the bigger ones.

TBH, I can find it a bit stressful and it goes something like this;

" No Kibo, please don't cock your leg there"

" Yes boys, I know you'd love one of those honking ducks, but it's rude to just help yourself from the shelf "

" Oh my god, stop playing tuggie with the honking duck I said you couldn't have "

" Yes, you do love gravy bones, but we have planty of those at home thank you and we get them from Tesco because they're cheaper there "

" No Kibo, you can't cock your leg there either "

" Sami!!!! Just because that frail old lady smiled at you did not mean that you could forget the rule about having all four paws on the ground " ( said through gritted teeth while helping said old lady up off the floor, whilst the dogs wrap their leads around both of our legs )

" Kibo, that's a beautiful point, but please don't point at the bunnies, you're frightening them and all the children watching you "

All good fun, but generally a relief to be out of there.....
I kind of remember now why I leave my lot at home
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

07-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
I think they should.
Doberman in a tutu!

Malka
Dogsey Veteran

07-01-2014, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I was thinking more of the Pugs but that made me chuckle

chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-01-2014, 02:38 PM
You don't know how lucky you are having lots of places .... like dog parks and pet stores where dogs are allowed. We have nothing like that where I live as dogs are prohibited from all public places.

I have however once or twice managed to smuggle Chloe into a couple of petrol station coffee shops but only because she's tiny and I can pick her up. I'd never dream of trying with Georgina though as she's much too big to go unoticed.

The only time mine have been in a building other than their own or my son's house is when we've stayed in hotels. Chloe loves it especially when she gets to meet other guests whom she always greets like long lost cousins!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2014, 02:41 PM
I thought it wasn't just me who sees way more small dogs than big dogs. My dog rides in the backseat just fine with no issues... loves it actually. He's no trouble! He also doesn't mark at all and doesn't even know how to cock a leg

Anniebee and Malka... both of you just gave me HUGE laughs!
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-01-2014, 04:04 PM
As someone who used to have a giant dog I'll tell you why I took him to a pet shop (or any shop) only extremely rarely.

Because it's like bringing an elephant into a china shop!! lol

With one wag of his tail he easily knocked harnesses off pegs, balls out of a basket and his head was high enough so he could comfortably munch on the treats on display!

We get all sorts of dogs in our shop, some people bring them in to try on harnesses or coats and some prefer to leave them at home.
A shop can easily overwhelm a dog (especially a pet shop with so many yummy smells and tempting toys!) and a small, stressed out/overly enthusiastic dog is much more easily manageable than a big one..
Imagine people brought their horses into horse accessory shops :P
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2014, 12:53 AM
Hi, Florence! I imagine an overly excited dog might go knocking things down by accident and being a menace. Thankfully my boy has a curly tail so when it wags, it only sways back and forth over his back, and doesn't go knocking into things! Just recently found out something good from that weird curly thing

He of course knows not to jump on people or shelves... so I guess maybe I can get away with bringing a big dog because he's a such a good little guy. Nigredo can often reach treats, but has only stolen one beef knuckle thankfully.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
I think they should.
Doberman in a tutu!

Now - A Pomsky? X twixt a Pomeranian and a Husky? Surely not!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2