View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Hi Tang, good to see you back. Hope you didn't get held up at the airport due to the atrocious weather in UK.

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
And I still don't think I've got the message over to her that the puppy is not 'abandoned' or 'been rescued'. It has been placed there at great expense by caring owners to be looked after while they are away over Xmas!
When I started reading I was thinking this is not going to end well, but I'm so pleased that the puppy has a good and loving owner I'm sure she'll get through the remaining days until they return. Well done to Bella for acting as 'Mum' to this little puppy.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2014, 09:15 PM
I'll hold you to that Bella would suit an irish accent methinks....my God just had a vision of her in Riverdance
Sorry the news isn't that good Right so...drop me a line (( hugs))
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Hi Losos. Funny I saw Malcolm, a neighbour, today. He is cabin crew on Cyprus Airways and has a lovely little Shitzu, Daisy. He is a pal of the boarding kennel owner. I was telling him about Bella and the puppy. He said he was so glad to hear that Bella sorted the problem out because the puppy (who is a girl called London) belongs to one of his bosses at the airline and he was really worried about boarding her but some emergency had cropped up. Small world 'innit? Really tiny if you live in Cyprus! No wonder they refer to the whole country as a 'village'!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Really tiny if you live in Cyprus! No wonder they refer to the whole country as a 'village'!
That must be one of the many benefits of living there. I love the rural location we are in but never get to speak to any English speakers around here. And even if I spook perfect Czech I don't think I'd want to talk to people like the idiot across the valley and he's not the only one
Deltaforce Dog
New Member!
Female 

07-01-2014, 09:47 PM
Aw Bella sounds like a lovely little dog. Hope the puppy didn't have to long to wait to go home.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Bella left on Sunday and puppy was due to go home yesterday. Perhaps I should try to liaise so we can leave them together sometimes in future! (I'll buy Bella a 'nanny bonnet' lol)

She is going to Roger the dogsitter upstairs for my next jaunt. She adores him and it's mutual. He misses her so much after having her for 3 wks in Oct. that he says he might bring forward the date for him getting his own dog (he is having a house built up above Napa and was going to wait until it is completed).

I am working on convincing him he will be much better 'borrowing' Bella in the meantime as a new pup will probably get in the way while the building is in progress and he is just moving in!

I'll never stop using the good boarding as I like Bella to go where it's familiar and I get her back with obviously NO problems whatsoever and she just picks up where she left off and doesn't cling or get anxious or worry that I will leave her once back home. In 7 yrs Roger is the only person I've met who I am happy to leave a dog with. He is stricter with her than I am but she adores him. (Traitorous little wench behaves as if he is her long lost owner now when we see him!)

She is in no hurry to get out of boarding either - trots off to stick her nose in all the other dog houses before leaving and then over to see the huge pot belly pig one last time before we go!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Glad you are back safe and sound and sorry to hear your son is struggling with his health.

Glad Bella is back and has been a "Mary Poppins" of the dog world.

My Bella went through new years eve fantasticaly. No real issues and I think this is down to having a safe place i.e under the dressing table.
I prefer New Year to Bonfire night because it is a one shot deal so to speak really.

Anyhow glad you enjoyed wet and windy UK.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2014, 06:30 PM
Hi Kazz. Happy new year to you. Yes I detest the way Bonfire night starts ages before and drags on over the next weekend and what have you.

Funny how they like a makeshift cave isn't it? Bella always likes a 'roof' over her when she is scaredy of anything. Was the footwell of Jen's desk in the UK last year on Bonfire night.

Since I bought my new bed which is too low for her to get underneath she has taken to diving under the daybed or the dining table.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2014, 08:04 AM
That poor pup being left behind . Thank goodness for Bella at least being there for most of the time for her
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2014, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
That poor pup being left behind . Thank goodness for Bella at least being there for most of the time for her
Glad I didn't have you with me too Jenny - I'd have had two blubbing female companions to contend with!

Little London has been back home with her owner since yesterday.

Boy am I glad that Bella took to boarding like a fish to water from a very early age. And glad I take her where they make every effort to try to settle them down if they are unhappy.

Knowing Sharon, the owner, she'd have ended up taking it into her bungalow with her if it hadn't settled.

Of course one of the problems with a doggy like that is it upsets and disturbs all the other dogs in the building. It's totally SILENT at Petstop when I go there to drop off or collect. Right up until you go into the building where their houses are! Then they ALL go nuts - imagining I suppose that you've come for them!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2