Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2014, 09:06 PM

Bella to the Rescue!

Drove over to the Boarding Kennels on Sunday morning to collect Bella. Took my neighbour and her dog with me so we could stop off at the lake and walk them together before bringing her home.

Boarding kennel owner, Sharon, said Bella had been 'her saviour' as they'd had a 6 month old pup brought in (looked like a gangly version of Bella!) and it just would not stop crying and howling and they were at their wits end then had the idea of putting Bella in with her as she is such a friendly dog and not very easily 'fazed out'.

Worked like a treat and they shared toys and blankets and the pup instantly stopped crying and was happy.

Sadly, when I removed Bella the puppy immediately started howling, crying and desperately trying to follow her and to make it worse my neighbour and pal, Lucia also burst into tears! She was crying 'Can't we take the other dog too?' And I still don't think I've got the message over to her that the puppy is not 'abandoned' or 'been rescued'. It has been placed there at great expense by caring owners to be looked after while they are away over Xmas! (Her husband told me today she has been asking him if they can take it lol!) She doesn't really understand 'boarding'.

Owner said to me she was only sorry that it wasn't the puppy who was going first and Bella staying on for another two nights instead. Then loopy Lucia asks if we can't leave Bella for two more nights! NO WAY!

Anyway it made me very proud of my little muttley to get this news. And the best I could do was tell the owner she could keep the small chicken eating rug, and 3 of the blankets and some of Bella's soft toys I'd taken in - to leave with poor pupsy in the hope she'd get some comfort from them smelling of Bella (I'd purposely not washed them before taking them in).

I was amused while there to see, in among the 'little dogs' at boarding (who are kept separately housed right away from the 'big dogs') a HUGE gorgeous husky sharing accommodation in the next door housing with a Cypriot Poodle. It was taller than me when it stood up for a cuddle through the bars. Owner told me it was such a sensitive soul they didn't have the heart to put it in with all the big dogs lol! It looked so funny in there but I could see what she meant immediately.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Pat it was probably enjoyable for Bella.... having company too .

I bet she is happy to be home though..
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2014, 09:49 PM
That husky thing sounds lovely, aww

Yaaay Bella! What a little princess she is... maybe
"Shurrup, pup. I'll eat your food and steal your toys and you won't say a word. The humans will never know!"
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2014, 10:28 PM
Aww bless her,bet Bella misses that little pup too Still,sure she's delighted to have you back
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-01-2014, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
That husky thing sounds lovely, aww

Yaaay Bella! What a little princess she is... maybe
"Shurrup, pup. I'll eat your food and steal your toys and you won't say a word. The humans will never know
!"
Erin you are spending waaaay too much time talking to your dogs, you are actually starting to sound like them
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2014, 09:14 AM
What a good girl
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-01-2014, 09:20 AM
Aww bless her tough little exterior, underneath she's just a little darling , isn't she?

No wonder you're so proud

Nice to see you back from your travels Pat!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Thanks girls I've had a good chuckle at some of your comments! Bella probably did enjoy the distraction (tho' she is allowed the 'free association' periods with other small dogs every day). However, she still does not like ANY other dogs coming into our apartment! The @rsy little witch! She is fine if we visit them and fine also when we are out with them but - if they come in - off she goes - busy busy busy - hiding all her blerdy toys and stuffing things under cushions! Then, if they stay more than about 20 minutes, she boogers off to the bedroom and ignores them! (Bit like I feel about a lot of visitors actually lol!)

She is happy to be home and is 'hanging round with me' more than usual although right now buried under my new floor length fleecy robe I got for Xmas.

Reminds me of the other tale from boarding. Owner said she had heart failure second morning when she saw no Bella in Bella's 'house'. Called all the staff and was questioning them about who was last in there and convinced she'd darted out while the door was open (though she'd have to be somewhere on the complex) and about to organise a search when someone noticed a slight movement from her bed!

Yep! She'd buried herself! I told her that's why I'd taken in about 5 blankets because she loves to be buried. When in the UK and staying at my daughter's shared house last year one of her housemates made a paper sign 'DOG' with a big arrow pointing down and would place it on the back of any chair or sofa she was 'buried' on as we went off to the pub! He was so scared someone would come back and sit on her!

Being tiny she doesn't make much of a 'bump'!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Still awaiting news of your travels
How was Mart?well I hope
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Still awaiting news of your travels
How was Mart?well I hope
Lacey if Bella ever stars in a movie - I will get you to do the 'voice over' lol!

My travels were very WET & WINDY! It was lovely to see my kids and my granddaughter. I will PM you an update on the Mart situation (sadly not brilliant) however he has recovered really well from the spinal surgery. I'll be back over quite soon anyway as my passport expires in a few months so will renew it in the UK.

Weather here is warm dry and sunny - still T shirts during the daytime, cooler at night and only rained twice while I was gone and not at all since I got back. My BONES like Cyprus more than they like the UK these days!

The appalling weather was responsible for me NOT doing retail therapy this time. I got sick of getting soaked through every time we stepped outside and at times it was downright dangerous to be driving for anything non essential with the flooded roads etc.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >