Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
Hmm, as Jack's parents (and the litter) had every test possible, I was quite happy and didn't feel the need to delve further, knowing that his breeder would only use suitable parents and wouldn't breed if there was any likelihood of problems.

I've had no direct contact with this breeder and would be surprised if Jack's breeder had taken his dam on if she had been at all concerned.
You can check your dogs pedigree for health testing via the MYKC site or the KC main site, I wouldn't buy a puppy that didn't have a whole pedigree of hip scores & at least 5 generations of eye testing, plus both parents having been fully DNA tested
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
You can check your dogs pedigree for health testing via the MYKC site or the KC main site, I wouldn't buy a puppy that didn't have a whole pedigree of hip scores & at least 5 generations of eye testing, plus both parents having been fully DNA tested
Both parents were fully DNA tested and I have copies of all the results, plus, as I said, I trust Jack's breeder implicitly and know she wouldn't have taken on a bitch without going into her background methodically.

Having shown Jack's pedigree to a border collie breed judge, who pronounced it 'lovely, lovely breeding', that was good enough for me (who really isn't into breeding at all but just wants a pet first and an agility dog second!).

The health tests of ISDS dogs do not feature on the KC site and the Gwynion dogs are all ISDS.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2014, 04:11 AM
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Hello and welcome!

Never heard of them before, but this bit scared me a little...

Might just be me, but the world supply makes me think more "business" more than "beloved dogs"

No mention of BAER tests on the dalmatians
No mention of any health tests on any breeds, actually
Yes, I thought that at first sight too. I saw too many dogs and too many different breeds, as well as cross breeds.

"Supply" makes me think that they are just another business churning out untested puppies for more or less... modest prices.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2