Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 09:09 PM

MMR Vaccination

What does everyone think about this?

Lately there have been another two studies reported with respect to a link between the combined vaccine and autism and bowel disease.

Some people are not vaccinating, some are trying to get them done as single vaccines.

I thought most children recovered from the measles, mumps or rubella, although I know there are risks from each?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Hi,
I've had all my children done,i think the side effects outway the effects of the diseases,I know mumps can make little boys infertile.
I can remember my Mom telling my Nan about the whooping cough scare in the 70's and she said she couldn't have lived with herself if we had through not immunising.
I think it's down to personal choice.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Both my children had the MMR, didn't even question it. We didn't feel it was worth taking the risk of them getting any of the diseases, especially mumps as they are both boys.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 09:19 PM
had my son done as well best thing ever
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 09:21 PM
I don't think any link has ever been proven, has it? This is all new to me - I've only ever had to think about dog vaccinations so far.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-06-2006, 09:23 PM
My oldest two had theirs before all the studies came out but I decided to go ahead with my youngest after he got whooping cough at 9 weeks old before his first triple vaccination. So when the time came for the MMR we decided it was worth the risk after him being so ill from whooping cough.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
I don't think any link has ever been proven, has it? This is all new to me - I've only ever had to think about dog vaccinations so far.
I think you're right there, the initial paper showed no links between MMR and autism. It's just coincidence that autism starts to show itself fully at the same time the MMR is given. I think the paper was taken out of context and once the media got hold of it it was blown out of all proportion.

It is at the end of the day it's your choice, but it if was me I'd go for the MMR vacc. But then saying that my mother choose for me not to have the Whooping cough vacc!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 10:23 PM
I have had all my three done and they have been absolutely fine.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Neither of mine have been done.. there was too much confusion over them at the time and no one could give me a straight answer..
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

04-06-2006, 10:43 PM
theres no clear lin kat all, and if there was it would be huge by now, the amount of peopel that want to bring drugs companies down is huge so someone would find a way.

its jsut a scare liek mobile phones frying the brain, we have ahd them for ages now and i stil lnto seen someone cook themsleves.lol

its jsut media hype
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »