Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by Xaedea View Post
Corrected passage.
so i converted from treats & balls to ecollars, i did not convert from ecollars to treats and balls.

Thanks for that, bad mistakes like that happen because most of us have to work for a living and dont spend gossip time in chatrooms 24/7, thankfully David Cameron is bringing all that free money giving to an end. Now I have to go, i have a 300 mile WORK related drive to do, must be quit alien for someone to mention the 4 letter word here. Bye & thanks for pointing it my writing error, hope it carifies things for you.
Hi 'Zena', oh yes it makes things as clear as crystal for many of us here thank you .

You didn't give an opinion on the scruffy tramp in the bad wig who made the video with that poor Doberman in the e collar , I guess none of us would like to run into him on a dark night, he's like something out of a horror film isn't he .

No time for a picture of your little dog either, I hope it will be ok while you are off working for so long.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 09:03 AM
Corrected passage.
so i converted from treats & balls to ecollars, i did not convert from ecollars to treats and balls.

Thanks for that, bad mistakes like that happen because most of us have to work for a living and dont spend gossip time in chatrooms 24/7, thankfully David Cameron is bringing all that free money giving to an end. Now I have to go, i have a 300 mile WORK related drive to do, must be quit alien for someone to mention the 4 letter word here. Bye & thanks for pointing it my writing error, hope it carifies things for you.
Have a good trip and watch out for those short cuts the satnavs tend to think are a good idea. They often throw up some quite unexpected hazards and rather than saving time can leave you in some quite unexpected messes
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 09:15 AM
The best thing to do with trolls is to ignore them.
Then they go away.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Corrected passage.

I love it when my pre-conceived ideas of an e collar user are confirmed.

Oh C&D, please let me play with this one......she seem fun
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 11:12 AM
To above, I did not become a client of AP but afer reading his posts and others I bought a petsafe collar to get a recall. I never looked back, now the guilt I used to feel about having to confine my dog to lead and stop his free exercise I now go out and watch the lively bouncy face full of joy way he lives his days, and yes I went the treat route, fine early on but not effective once he became a teenage rebel, hes still a teen rebel and now he can enjoy that in safety, so I would like to thank AP for writing info here that helped me, so i converted ro treats & balls not used ecollars and converted to treats and balls.
Corrected passage.

Nice discussion thank you for your wonderful reply and that did clarify so much
Your dog is a teenager
You don't think that dogs need training they just need to be shocked
You did not go to a trainer, you just read AP's posts and that converted you
You have the time to read AP's post yet no others, another wonderment to your claims
You feel it is so much nicer shocking your dog than having it on a lead
Maybe your dog is bouncier now as it gets shocked
How is an e-collar safer than having your dog on a lead some dogs are known to have a stronger prey drive than the pain a shock collar to give??
Rather than throwing insults, you could have answered some questions, but oh well, some people need to avoid questions to hold their indiscrepancies at bay.
At worst you are for real and then that comes down to morals and ethics of how you want animals treated.
Yours reasons for using an e-collar lack any foundation, many on here have had dogs with dodgey recall, and teenager behaviour and not had to resort to shock collars. It sounds like AP's solution of the quick fix that we had thought was a worry in the beginning is true.
Shock collars are easier but not necessarily the best option.
At best you are a troll
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I love it when my pre-conceived ideas of an e collar user are confirmed.

Oh C&D, please let me play with this one......she seem fun
Ooooh Lion!!! Naughty thing!!
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 11:39 AM
As I've already said I find e-collars repulsive and vile People who use them are lazy and cannot be bothered to take the time to work with a dog in a loving way. It's a "quick fix" for them. Disgraceful!
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

13-11-2010, 12:52 PM
I don't deal in e collars, I will sell one onto a client occasionally.

I think Xaedea exprience is pretty common. Both of e collars and of the forum. They fixed a problem with an e collar that has improved the dogs life and presumably theres. They come on here and are called all manner of things and decied dogsey isn't worth the effort and leave.

I think people need to realise that just because a few people on a forum believe something doesn't mean the majority of the world does too!

Btw well done Xaedea for sorting your dog out.

Adam
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
I don't deal in e collars, I will sell one onto a client occasionally.

I think Xaedea exprience is pretty common. Both of e collars and of the forum. They fixed a problem with an e collar that has improved the dogs life and presumably theres. They come on here and are called all manner of things and decied dogsey isn't worth the effort and leave.

I think people need to realise that just because a few people on a forum believe something doesn't mean the majority of the world does too!

Btw well done Xaedea for sorting your dog out.

Adam

Thank you for answering that. When you say "client" do you mean real live person who comes to you with their dog in Devon or a contact made on an internet forum?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
Quite true, but in the case of e-collars, it would seem that there is quite a majority, Adam.

So many people on so many forums believe the collars to be a welfare risk; so many organisations from all sectors of the dog world believe them to be a welfare risk and so many countries believe this too as evidenced by their banning of them.
Closed Thread
Page 27 of 98 « First < 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 77 > Last »