View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Did you and your OH not know before she was in season before she got mated . I assume with 2 entire males in the house it must have been obvious and they should have been kept apart
jannie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Lets get one thing clear i donot smack my dogs,a tap on the rump is all i would of done,i was realy upset with her.Sasha has come along way in her training,i do not show aggression to any dogs especially one that has already got aggression in her that would be god dam stupid that i am not.At least i was honest about how i felt at that moment.Maybe i should not be honest in future and lie and say yes things are great she is wonderful and couldnt get any more better in her training.Sorry to respond like this,but how many do gooders have felt like this one day in their lives.Any way sorry.As for sasha i took her out today whilst the kids at our primary school were out to see her response.Dont worry there is a 6 foot metal fencing around the school.Kids were screaming and playing,sasha got a bit excited,gave a little bark,when i told her to sit she did straight away we stood there for 5 mins.She had stopped barking and was alright,now tomorrow i could do the same and she could react differently but we will together conquer the problem.And no i did not want to breed her but the accident has happened.My grandson had let her out he is only 2 and doesnt understand why sasha couldnt be with the other dogs.
jannie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-10-2008, 02:12 PM
i have 2 females and 1 male.I think i might be on the wrong site,Sasha is the dobbie lurcher,then i got Buster who is a champ racing greyhound,and i rehomed Izzy from the same racing kennels..It goes to show people dont read all the forums straight through,only what they want to read i will not be back on this site ior recommend it too anyone else bye.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 02:22 PM
So, your two year old is in charge of your dogs? ... and one of them is very excitable?

Brilliant....... a disaster waiting to happen
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 02:27 PM
have you had her to the vet yet? he could still stop the pregnacy
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Ok sorry we got it wrong about exactly how many dogs you have - do you honestly expect us to reaed every single post that is made on the entirety of this forum? Get real! The simple fact is you still have an entire male and an entire female. And was your 2 year old grandson being left unattended long enough to let the dogs out and let them mate twice?! Your right, the accident has happened now though - so what are you doing about it? have you been to the vets yet? are you planning on having her spayed if she isn't pregnant?

Also the simple fact is that we can only go on what you said and you said you were going to smack her. Now we have all lost our tempers but as i said in my other post, it was the fact that you said you had put her out but were then going to smack her. Not "i was so angry i nearly smacked her". In fact the only thing that stopped you was the fact she might be pregnant. Jeez a smack that would affect that doesn't sound like a "tap on the rump" not to mention the fact that behaving like that with a dog with aggression issues is a truly scary thought. So, sorry if we have upset you but we can only feed back on what you tell us.

By the by, you say that Sasha has aggression issues and then you mention that these came up again the other night with young people in particular. What on earth are you doing with a 2 year old (unminded it would seem) running around the house with this dog?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 02:40 PM
I'm glad to hear that you don't smack her and agree that there are times when we all loose our temper with our dogs and it might cross our minds, but if you read your first post again, I think you will see why so many people were concerned.

Originally Posted by jannie View Post
Well enough was enough out the back she went.Then to my amazement i was going to smack her and my other half said dont she might be in pup.
To anyone who doesn't know you and is taking their information purely from what you have written, it sounded very much like she had been naughty, you put her outside and then still angry you went to smack her (not just a thought that crossed your mind)....only stopping because your OH says she might be pregnant.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by jannie View Post
i have 2 females and 1 male.I think i might be on the wrong site,Sasha is the dobbie lurcher,then i got Buster who is a champ racing greyhound,and i rehomed Izzy from the same racing kennels..It goes to show people dont read all the forums straight through,only what they want to read i will not be back on this site ior recommend it too anyone else bye.
behave yourself... who do you think you are...
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Oh and Jannie, if you are going to flounce off the forum, don't sit here and read the topic - it clearly shows that you are still online doing exactly what you just said you wouldn't do.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 02:46 PM
get the dog to a vet...
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >