View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jannie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-10-2008, 08:10 PM
could you please put a pic up of your dog and i will be able to tell you straight away if its got pit in it.As i gather this hasnt happened before,unusual if theres staff or pit in the dog to begin now to be aggressive sorry wrong word i d use naughty,this behaviour usually happens at 18 months to 2 years old in pits or crosses of pits.If your dog wanted to do damage believe me it would.Sounds to me its a warning,or simple i am boss.The other dog could of given off a bad vibe or a slight growl that you or no one heard this can trigger the reaction.Has it happened since with the same dogs.Just keep an eye on your dog and the other it could be something or nothing.But it is good that they wanted to carry on playing this is a good sign.Keep us updated.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Maybe you should try going to APDT training classes and that might help you raise your confidence in your dog and your ability to get her back when needed.

It does sound if they were playing.

Only positive methods should be used and it should improve your relationship with each other as well, which is always nice.

Have a look at www.apdt.co.uk
bobbym
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-10-2008, 12:28 AM
is it true then that it is ok to parcipate in actions that make us feel unconfortable but its just nature or as responsible dog owners we can control these impulses!!!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by bobbym View Post
is it true then that it is ok to parcipate in actions that make us feel unconfortable but its just nature or as responsible dog owners we can control these impulses!!!
Its up to you
reward the behaviours you do like, ignore the ones you dont mind and if there is ones you dont want train an alternative

like it is totaly normal for dogs to hump
Its not nice for your dog to hump people
train it not to do that

If you feel uncomfy with it - 1st find out if there is a reason for you not to be feeling uncomfy - like missreading the dog - might be playing
I like to let dogs be dogs when there is no harm in it
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2008, 09:33 PM
I was at the park tonight with my friend and her dog. Both dogs play quite roughly, pin each other down, roll around, show teeth but it is just play. They then get up and walk around for a while then start roughhousing again
They both are fine, don't do this to any other dogs they meet and have a great time together.
It does sound as if your dog found someone to play with and having a good time!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2