View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 04:04 PM

Getting a camera professionally cleaned.

Has anyone ever done this, I only have a little samsung camera, but some dirt has become trapped behind the lens, so know all of my photos have some horrible marks in them, so I'm wanting to send it somewhere, but I don't know where, or how much it will cost on average, so any ideas would be welcome.

And here is how marked my camera is, I took a picture of a blank wall, all of the marks are from the dirt under the lens

elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Yes we had our SLR cleaned as same thing happened, it gets on the sensor and can do untold damage. Please don't try and do it yourself, there are kits out there that you can buy, but unless you really know what your doing it's not worth the risk. Ours cost about £40 to have cleaned and well worth it because they clean everything.

xxxxxxx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Is the dirt IN the lens, or is it on the cameras sensor?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Do you have a branch of Jessops near you? They`d do it.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Thanks everyone, I have no idea what part of the camera its on, as I know nothing about them apart from they take pics but it looks to be on the part behind the lens where it has the area where the image goes through

I've just had a look on google, there is a jessops locally too so I'll go and have a look in there.