View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 02:54 PM
I've still got a fairly noticeable Wearside accent from my home town (despite the fact I've lived in Notts or Derby for about the last 7 years)... when kids try to guess where I'm from its hiliarious. I'd expect them to go down the Newcastle/Geordie line (anyone who knows the north-east knows that this is a mortal insult to a girl from Sunderland) but they don't... we get Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Birmingham as guesses but never anywhere within about 50 miles!

Mind you I had a massive identity crisis when someone told me I actually sounded like I was from Nottingham and not my original hometown a while back! I'm so used to being that Northern one!

Still have a slight Somerset accent sometimes from a couple of years working at a boarding school down there.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Jessie is from Ireland and when I first had her I was trying to find out what commands she knew. She didnt respond to any and then as a joke I said something like "will ya lie down will ya now" in an Irish accent and she did it straight away! My Mum was there as a witness and she nearly wet herself laughing!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3