Our sister sites
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by finnigan31
You will not get KCpapers from any rescue,

yvonne
We never give out kc papers. For years the papers were to be sent back to the kennel club so they could moniter where the dogs were coming from and if 1 breeders' pups are turning up in rescue more than any others and if so why. But they no longer do this so I just keep the papers here. No rescue dog has to be bred from. We didn't have the funds to neuter all the dogs so we used to waver the donation so the dog can be done. We're now in a scheme with the Dogs Trust that we have voucher to get the dogs/bitches done. Back to the original quote. No rescue should give out KC papers
Tracie
DonDon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2005, 04:57 PM
if a rescue dog does have papers, i know they dont get given out but if you rehome a dog do you give the people info from them, like when the dog was born and stuff like that? (stupid question i know, just wondered)
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 06:59 PM
yes don don we try to pass on as much info as possible such as when the dog was born if it has had health problems vaccinations up to date we try to help all we can without them knowing the previous owner
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 08:09 PM
As I said previously, we got Woody from a rescue centre and all his papers were given to us when we got him. KC papers and pedigree!
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2005, 03:26 PM
As most have already said before Karin, don't even contemplate breeding. haven't you signed an adoption contract with the rescue which should have an an ANTI-Breeding policy?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2