Our sister sites
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Graeme
If you could post a recipe DM that would be great

Graeme
Will do it tonight from home Graeme - haven't got my recipe book at work! I do remember that it is really simple - just berries, sugar and cream - and it is sooooooo delicious.

We have a strawberry glut on the allotment at the moment - I'm picking a colander full every day - but we are manfully getting through them. Raspberries and tayberries very soon and gooseberries next week, I think Rhubarb continuing, but a little neglected behind all the lovely things!
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 04:30 PM
OK

1lb raspberries
about 4oz sugar (depending how sweet they are - taste as you go, remember the 'ice' element takes away a little of the sweetness)
1 pint double or whipping cream

Put fruit sugar and 3-4 tbsp water in a pan. Cook gently until soft. Check for sweetness. Puree in a liquidiser if possible, if not just push through a metal seive. You need to seive anyway, to get rid of the pips. Stir in the cream.

That's it!

OK - in the ice-cream maker if you've got one and follow instructions. If not, into a bowl that's been in the freezer for an hour or more, freeze down in stages, giving it a really good beating (oo'er missus) every hour or so to stop big ice crystals and to get air into it.

Enjoy!
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Thank you very much DM It's most apprieciated We'll give it a whirl and see how we get on

Originally Posted by Dinahsmum
(depending how sweet they are - taste as you go, remember the 'ice' element takes away a little of the sweetness)
Now... there's an infamous story about me and me Grandad tasting as we went. This happened almost 20 years ago but still gets cast up from time to time.

My auntie and mum sent me and my grandad to go and pick some strawberries. While we were away they would get the pans and the jars all ready to go. Well sure enough we went picking strawberries for a whole afternoon. When we got back, proud as punch, we handed over the 20 or so strawberries we had picked and actually put in the basket... The rest unfortunately met with a grizzly end on the way to the basket via our mouth... Needless to say we were not popular

It's tempting to end there but I have another Strawberry story...

Some our our relations had come up from Norfolk to visit. On their last day they treated us all to a fancy dinner in a posh hotel. Dessert was a self service buffet. The Strawberry cheesecake took my Grandads eye. Not liking cheesecake however he went on to scrape all the strawberrys and the sauce off the top leaving behind a huge cheesecake with very little topping left. Once my family realised what he had done my aunt quickly was dispatched up with her knife to spread out the little topping that was left. My grandad however had the best dessert he'd had for a long time

Graeme
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2005, 02:44 PM
raspberry coolis .. raspberry fool .. raspberry liquor..
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2