Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Like I said not by them that matter. Of course the un educated just believe what ever and buy from who ever. Who's to blame for that.....hmmm I wonder.

It has not affected the ones who enjoy showing and remember not all that show have a desire to breed.
I would have classed potential dog owners as people that matter
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Unfortunately it has---that is why people are rejecting the KC breeds and choosing other crosses.

rune
Are they? Didnt realise that, especially with registrations being up again.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Are they? Didnt realise that, especially with registrations being up again.
About turn---left right left right.

LOL.

rune
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Most people buying a dog have enough intelligence to research the breed and find out what health tests are required!

As for the crossbreds, a lot of those breeders are not in it for the health of the dogs or compatibility of the breeds, their main goal is how much they can charge.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Most people buying a dog have enough intelligence to research the breed and find out what health tests are required!

As for the crossbreds, a lot of those breeders are not in it for the health of the dogs or compatibility of the breeds, their main goal is how much they can charge.
Most people don't----that is how the breeders of the crosses survive. By saying that because it isa cross it is therefore healthy.

It is such a generally held opinion that it is frightening. It doesn't matter how often you try and explain it it sticks.

Its very like having a 1 in 4 chance of a child having a genetic condition and thinking that because you have one child with it the next three will be OK----I have known several people get caught by that one.

rune
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Most people don't----that is how the breeders of the crosses survive. By saying that because it isa cross it is therefore healthy.

It is such a generally held opinion that it is frightening. It doesn't matter how often you try and explain it it sticks.

Its very like having a 1 in 4 chance of a child having a genetic condition and thinking that because you have one child with it the next three will be OK----I have known several people get caught by that one.

rune
No, I dont think its a generally held opinion, its an opinion held by some who have watched a particular programee, and believe the spiel from said breeders.

But most people dont really care , all they want is a dog , and the opinion that is more common is the ...i dont need a KC registered dog, because all I want is a pet, and see no need to pay double for a pet.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
No, I dont think its a generally held opinion, its an opinion held by some who have watched a particular programee, and believe the spiel from said breeders.

But most people dont really care , all they want is a dog , and the opinion that is more common is the ...i dont need a KC registered dog, because all I want is a pet, and see no need to pay double for a pet.
Crikey---have you SEEN the prices asked for crossbreeds???

It is often more than a KC pedigreed dog.

rune
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I would have classed potential dog owners as people that matter
If they dont want puppies from show parents thats their choice, its not like decent show folk are having problems selling puppies. we have passed over many enquires since Fizzis litter and still have people enquiring, even with no puppies availble - I know the same can be said for other such breeders to.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
If they dont want puppies from show parents thats their choice, its not like decent show folk are having problems selling puppies. we have passed over many enquires since Fizzis litter and still have people enquiring, even with no puppies availble - I know the same can be said for other such breeders to.
I think CC's could well be becoming the next 'must have' dog. They are getting a lot more publicity now.

rune
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 11:37 AM
I think CC's could well be becoming the next 'must have' dog. They are getting a lot more publicity now.

rune
They have been the must have dog for a while now. But believe me its not hard to weed out them that know and understand the breed, or them willing to know and understand the breed - who want a pet for the right reasons against them that want a silly little handbag dog to show off.
Page 92 of 103 « First < 42 82 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 102 > Last »