View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Thanks wallaroo that's really helpful I haven't done it yet but I plan to, he has no medical history except a one off upset tun that required no medicine so I'm hoping they won't count that as pre exisiting!
shineyhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2011, 02:40 PM
My 11 month weim puppy is ensured with Axa. He's a rehome, through no fault of his own, and so he came into our lives at 7 mths late November. On the 2nd of February he became dramatically ill and was referred a week later to DWR in Newmarket, and diagnosed with meningitis... I've not had anything back for the first part of my claim and I am getting nervous as the bill is quickly mounting for him.

Thankfully the DWR centre are happy to handle claims directly with insurers. Its quite stressful enough living with a poorly dog who needs to go outside every two hours throughout the night. Seeing the claim forms being processed a little more quickly would take a huge weight of worry away.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Am so sorry your dog is ill and hope he recovers soon, i had to make a claim with axa the end of last year. The vet dealt directly with them and it did take bit longer than expected but was sorted out without any problem, hope that puts your mind at rest a bit re:claim form being processed. Good luck with everything.
shineyhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Thank you - so do I! He's on steroids and is needing to go out for a wee every two hours in the night and morning - funnily enough, he's OK in the afternoons but I am feeling very sleep deprived!

He asks to go out, so I know he doesn't want to accidentally puddle the carpet, and so I feel I owe it to him to do my best... bless him. He is such a good by
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
All mine are with AXA (after a recommendation). So far the premiums are reasonable and didn't go up enormously at renewal. I am in the process of my first claim with them and, so far, they have paid up although the girl at the vet who deals with the claims mistakenly didn't send off the first bill (for £600+) and I am still waiting for that to be paid. They paid up the subsequent four bills (£180 in total) no problem. It took ages but I later found out that the vets took about five weeks to send the claim off (with Christmas in the way) so I am going to ask if they will claim direct from AXA in future.

I've never been asked about temperament.
I've just received payment for a claim I made 4 weeks ago, which I think is reasonable (£200+) but I still haven't received the £600+ I referred to above. I checked while I was at the vets this morning and the claim was sent off on 24 January so I will have to query that one!
shineyhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2011, 03:52 PM
I did a little google on them a few days ago, and going by general ratings it would seem that speed of settlement is not their strong point.. but otherwise, people seem pretty happy with them.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by shineyhound View Post
I did a little google on them a few days ago, and going by general ratings it would seem that speed of settlement is not their strong point.. but otherwise, people seem pretty happy with them.
Hi Diana this thread is a couple of years old however I am still with AXA
I have found they settle within 10 days/two weeks which I call pretty speedy. The only occasion there was delay I checked and they had not received the information from my vet and this was quickly remedied.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 06:28 PM
I'm still undecided My vet has all her dogs with Petplan and said she wouldn't switch. But I'm concerned that I inly have £4000 of cover, I'd rather gave the £7000 with Axa. Sigh.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-03-2011, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
I'm still undecided My vet has all her dogs with Petplan and said she wouldn't switch. But I'm concerned that I inly have £4000 of cover, I'd rather gave the £7000 with Axa. Sigh.
Hi Amanda PP are very good , I have friends who use them. However when I got Millie a few years ago their quoted monthly premium like for like was double the sum AXA quoted.

Please note this is an old thread and conditions of cover may have changed
shineyhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-03-2011, 12:28 PM
the monthly cost of pet plan for my postcode makes it totally prohibitive to own a dog over 4!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3