Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9walkies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
And when your dog figured out how to open those? They're childs play for some dogs

Denise, you probably don't get told about bin raiding when you ask about problems because it's so easy to solve just by putting the bin where the dog can't get it. I bet most people don't even think of it as a training issue to be honest.
I'm quite lucky with my dog if she was a bin raider she doesn't have a big enough brain to be able to figure it out. I've trained her mostly by what she will do already so she does know quite a lot of tricks but only by that method
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Bruce is a compulsive Bin Raider! I might be able to train him to walk to heal but I will never train him to leave the bin!
I tend to grab him by his haunches and pull him back out of the bin and then pick all the rubbish back up and tell him off. And that's what happens two or three times a day.
I am going to get a lockable bin but the one I want was over £50 and I can't afford it yet!
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Argos had the simplehuman one in quite reasonably priced when I got ours - had to order it into the store using their online facility but it was definitely less than £50... granted he cracked it pretty quickly, but still!
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Argos had the simplehuman one in quite reasonably priced when I got ours - had to order it into the store using their online facility but it was definitely less than £50... granted he cracked it pretty quickly, but still!

When I started to read this - I though "Argos" what a great name for a dog! But I read on and its not about the dog
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Lotsadogs View Post
When I started to read this - I though "Argos" what a great name for a dog! But I read on and its not about the dog
I thought there was a famous Greek dog called "Argus"? I always fancied that as a name but thought people might confuse it with that horrible shop "Argos"! (sorry-I hate Argos)
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5