Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Well my big dog is nearly 5 years old and doesn't cock his leg!! Very very rarely he will slightly cock it if he wees out on a walk but he has NEVER cocked it in the garden!!
aw, another wee late starter
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2009, 11:39 AM
she reckoned it started them marking everything
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
she reckoned it started them marking everything
lol, thats so silly!!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2009, 01:17 PM
I know I think it is insinctive. Louis was a late bloomer he can only pee once and the rest are wishful thinking pees , Scratch marks everything anyway he is half pee I am sure
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
I know I think it is insinctive. Louis was a late bloomer he can only pee once and the rest are wishful thinking pees , Scratch marks everything anyway he is half pee I am sure
thats what i thought as well.

jake doesnt mark anything yet, im sure it will come though

i remember when i went to stay with my aunt for the summer and took my old dog, sam. she had a dog too and he ran around the whole house peeing everywhere... marking all the door frames
monkeymama
New Member!
Female 

14-10-2009, 06:03 PM
One of mine started at 13 months, the other at 10 months. The GSD next door to us is three and still doesnt do it. Depends on if you have had him done or not I think as well and how early. Mine have not had the snip yet next doors did quite young....
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2009, 06:09 PM
my boys started very very young, by 3 months old they were leg lifting, the down side is, they tend to want to wee on everything along a walk,
hazel pritchard
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Both our dogs do it both ways i am not sure why,but one of them has a terrible habit of sometimes cocking his leg when the other smaller dog is sniffing something,so smaller dog gets wet if he does not move quick enough
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
One of mine started at 13 months, the other at 10 months. The GSD next door to us is three and still doesnt do it. Depends on if you have had him done or not I think as well and how early. Mine have not had the snip yet next doors did quite young....
jake has been done. my last dog was too but i think he was quite an early starter... really cant remember though. was so long ago

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
my boys started very very young, by 3 months old they were leg lifting, the down side is, they tend to want to wee on everything along a walk,
aw lol, messy boys

Originally Posted by hazel pritchard View Post
Both our dogs do it both ways i am not sure why,but one of them has a terrible habit of sometimes cocking his leg when the other smaller dog is sniffing something,so smaller dog gets wet if he does not move quick enough
aw, lol bet they plan it that way
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Hi,

When Buddy (Mom's dog) came to stop with us he peed on most things if it didn't move out of hte way (legs included!). Zane would then follow him peeing over where Buddy had peed.

Now with Buddy I p[ut this down to sent marking and partyl due to hium being entire. He's 20 months old and has lifted his leg for a while now. Zane seems to be doing it to cover Buddy's scent but only since he's ben able to cock his leg. Yiannis can't cock his leg yet properly and doesn't do it.

Maybe there's a connection there?!

I agree though - messy boys!

Laura xx
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >