Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 09:27 PM

Two of my sons friends have been stabbed

I have been at college tonite but when i got in i found my son very upset

seems his mates texted him last night to go and play football but we had just brought a new game for his xbox360 so he wanted to stay in

well tonite his other mates had called for him and asked if he heard what had happened

turns out these lads went into he shop to buy a cold drink after football and some bloke off his head on drugs stabbed them both
they are both in hospital and quite poorly

i am so glad my son did not go out last night, but am really feeling for the poor parents of them two lads

what is this world coming too when young lads cannot even go into a shop to buy a drink
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Oh Jackie...

Thank Goodness for Xbox 360's!

Poor lads.. its ridiculous that you can't do anything these days without hassle
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 09:34 PM
i know Louise
i breathed a sigh of relief that he stayed in
but them poor lads, i know them and they are nice lads, not trouble makers at all
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 09:40 PM
geez what age are they? Im so sorry to hear this, you must be so glad your lad wasnt there, poor lads, hugs, x
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2008, 09:40 PM
My blood ran cold when I read this as my seventeen yr old went to play football tonight. I know we can't wrap them in cottonwool but my god it's tempting.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Shona one 16 and one 17 and nice lads too

they hang round in a group but all they do is play footie, either at the park (last night) or on the field next to my house (has no lighting so they only play there in daylight hours)

Teddysmum you really do not think they will come to any harm going to play footie do you

i am so glad my son ws not there but them parents must be sick with worry, we have heard one has a punctured lung, and the other it just missed his heart but he has 2 stab wounds and also a bad hand injury when he tried to defend himself

the guy who did it was arrested at the shop but i wonder what he was doing in the shopw ith a knife out in the first place
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Thank goodness your son decided to stay in, but those poor lads. I do hope they make a good recovery, their parents must be devastated. It seems nowhere is safe today, so sad.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by jackiew View Post
Shona one 16 and one 17 and nice lads too

they hang round in a group but all they do is play footie, either at the park (last night) or on the field next to my house (has no lighting so they only play there in daylight hours)

Teddysmum you really do not think they will come to any harm going to play footie do you

i am so glad my son ws not there but them parents must be sick with worry, we have heard one has a punctured lung, and the other it just missed his heart but he has 2 stab wounds and also a bad hand injury when he tried to defend himself

the guy who did it was arrested at the shop but i wonder what he was doing in the shopw ith a knife out in the first place

those poor boys, god knows how it will affect them, some go on to be ok others become defensive, some become withdrawn, Dougie my OH has been stabbed 3 times and slashed with a stanly knife once,,,hit by a car too but I guess that all goes hand in hand with the job,,,{I have managed the last 11 years without injury cos Im faster than he is lol } but no one expects that sort of thing to happen to young lads just popping down the shop for juice after a game of footie,
My son is the same age, he also plays footie several nights a week, he goes to the falkirk matches, scotland games at hamden park, Its always at the back of my mind,,what if!!!!

, we rear them the best we can, encourage them to do sports, keep active {all to avoid the drink and drugs route} we invest a small fortune in there chosen sports {I know I do } in the hope they will avoid such things, how sad these boys have been in the wrong place at the wrong time, poor lads, I hope they recover quickly, your son must be feeling a hundred things all at once,,,give him a hug from me too,,,x
spanielworld
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-04-2008, 11:45 PM
What a worry for those two boys parents - Hope they both make speedy recoveries

can understand that you are thankful for the xbox game

It's frightening what can happen these days

edited spelling
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Thank goodness your son stayed in but poor boys and their families.

I have 3 boys, still v. young, but I worry about their future already. As someone has said, they were in the wrong place at the wrong time and you can't protect them against that.
Hope the boys make a fast recovery and your son isn't too badly shook up.
(((hugs))) to you all xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >