View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 09:16 AM
I'm so mad, it makes me want to come to your area with my basball bat.
................. I'm so mad, I can't think straight.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 09:32 AM
My mum did yell a few choice words but she wasn't going too close...

mahooli - I know this may seem really awful but if it was my dog I'd have reacted VERY differently to how I'd react if it was someone else's. And my mum would too. I've witnessed people hitting/kicking their dogs way too many times and always look at them shake my head and make it very clear that I'm disgusted but only twice have I had to react to someone treating my dogs badly.
Once was when a 10 year old boy was out walking a puppy that was already the size of my two and Eddy went to say hello, they were fine until the kid yanked his dog, which set Eddy off. They walked off and yelled 'Stupid Dog' and I just erupted - I was so ashamed of shouting such obsene language across the park at 2 10 year olds but I'd worked so hard with Eddy and if they hadn't yanked their dog away it would never have happened.

The other time was when an old man went to hit Takara with his walking stick (even though she wasn't in the way) - I said 'you touch her with that and you won't be able to find that stick but on the plus side you won't have that stoop anymore!' what have I become? Threatening old people?!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 09:41 AM
You've become a concerned citizen lol! Age is immaterial!
Becky
ace
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-05-2007, 10:32 AM
That is awful poor poor puppy
{{{hugs}}} for your poor mum too, must have been horrible for her to see that.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Being a bossy boots I would have had to say something, :smt001 (it wouldn't be the first time either ) not in a condemning way that would alienate the men and make them agressive and this could make it harder for the puppy but in a friendly way something on the lines of 'Hey steady chaps the puppy will never come back to you if you if it is scared of you, if it won't come go up to it but say nothing, if it comes to you give it lots of praise, this way it will learn ' ...

Often cruelty is down to ignorance/lack of thought and a few well chosen words can work wonders.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 10:44 AM
All i can say is that poor little puppy
And hugs to your mum for haven to witness a cruel actby a neandarthal and a bully ,id love to throw him across the park and give him a smack around the head (with a baseball bat ) see how he likes it
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 11:45 AM
B*****DS why are idiots allowed to own dogs at all and if you dont like dogs you dont have to have them ,theres absolutely no excuse for treating any animal this way oooooooooooooooo it makes me soooooooo mad i understand how your mum felt but and i dont blame her for being sensible but i would proberly have got myself into a lot of trouble,as i'm rather impulsive in those situations ,poor little puppy
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3