View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gar
New Member!
Male 

15-02-2017, 09:36 AM
I prefer any type of salad with olive oil)
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-02-2017, 01:22 PM
I eat to live, not live to eat. And I walk. A lot.

But we do try to eat healthy food. I'm lucky in that my wife is an excellent cook and uses fresh ingredients. That's not to say we never eat processed foods
DaleCooper
New Member!
Female 

06-09-2017, 07:57 PM
Honey. Definitely xd I know that it contains lot of calories, but moderation is the key. I add honey to millet or oatmeal and it's sooo delicious. My favourite healthy dessert. Sometimes I use also some cinnamon or cacao.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-09-2017, 08:17 PM
Max, my dog, and I snack on raw carrots.
DaleCooper
New Member!
Female 

06-09-2017, 08:38 PM
Unfortunately my dog doesn't like any vegetables. I tried to add some grated carrot to her meals, but she always detects it and object to eating.
In fact, I don't like carrots too. My dog and I have a lot in common
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by DaleCooper View Post
Unfortunately my dog doesn't like any vegetables. I tried to add some grated carrot to her meals, but she always detects it and object to eating.
In fact, I don't like carrots too. My dog and I have a lot in common
Max will eat almost anything. He likes some things better than others. If he finds a discarded burger when we are out walking that disappears in seconds. And he can be a bit of a tease about it. He knows he isn't supposed to have it but if you try to take it from him he runs off. Not far - maybe five yards then lies down and waits for your next move before he does the next five yards. It's a hopeless pursuit. So we have just given up on it.
DaleCooper
New Member!
Female 

06-09-2017, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Max will eat almost anything. He likes some things better than others. If he finds a discarded burger when we are out walking that disappears in seconds. And he can be a bit of a tease about it. He knows he isn't supposed to have it but if you try to take it from him he runs off. Not far - maybe five yards then lies down and waits for your next move before he does the next five yards. It's a hopeless pursuit. So we have just given up on it.
Oh, my doggie behaves exactly the same way. It's annoying and dangerous sometimes. Particularly if she finds something rotten/stale. Sometimes I just cannot take it away from her and then she feels nauseous and vomits the day after. Recently I managed to make her more obedient so such unpleasant situations take place rarely.
But I lost hope that she will take to carrot. Does your dog have any another favourite vegetables?
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-09-2017, 09:55 PM
Oh, my doggie behaves exactly the same way. It's annoying and dangerous sometimes. Particularly if she finds something rotten/stale. Sometimes I just cannot take it away from her and then she feels nauseous and vomits the day after. Recently I managed to make her more obedient so such unpleasant situations take place rarely.
But I lost hope that she will take to carrot. Does your dog have any another favourite vegetables?
He'll eat almost anything. But we always do an on-line search to check for possible adverse reactions. He didn't care for the cooked green beans the other day but then he was a little out of sorts. He was limping and we think he may have got a grass seed stuck in his paw.

Vet tomorrow.
DaleCooper
New Member!
Female 

06-09-2017, 10:38 PM
I hope it's nothing serious and Max will recover soon. Two months ago my dog was limping. I took her to the vet and it turned out that it was dislocation of patella. Surgery was necessary. It was one of the most terrible experiences in my life.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-09-2017, 10:50 PM
I hope it's nothing serious and Max will recover soon. Two months ago my dog was limping. I took her to the vet and it turned out that it was dislocation of patella. Surgery was necessary. It was one of the most terrible experiences in my life.
Thank you for that.
As soon as my wife mentioned vet he seemed to make a magical recovery. Coincidence I'm sure. But his limping has ceased, his appetite returned, and back to the usual level of activity. We will still go to the vet.

Dale Cooper sounds British. Assuming it is, what took you Warsaw? If you don't mind me asking?
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >