Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2010, 09:31 PM

'I'm sorry, but I abandoned him':

'I'm sorry, but I abandoned him': Reever the dog found with heartbreaking note written by his homeless owner

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0kXx7ks4v
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2010, 09:44 PM
the poor man. it must have been so hard and noone helped him.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Thats so sad, poor man and dog.
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2010, 09:49 PM
poor dog x
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2010, 09:56 PM
tis very sad
i find it odd tho that some of you said poor man and dog!
I was thinking poor woman and dog!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
tis very sad
i find it odd tho that some of you said poor man and dog!
I was thinking poor woman and dog!
All I was thinking is imagine being in a position, where you have no home, and can't look after your loving pet properly, so you try to get a rescue to take him on, and are refused, now you don't have a lot of money, may not be able to feed yourself or the dog properly, or find somewhere warm at night, and eventually it gets so bad that he did what he did, I can't condone it, but I can understand, how many people are told that their dogs can't come in, but then get told that if it was a stray it would be different he may of been told this and got so desperate that he did what he did, he may of even been watching at the time, as homeless people and their dogs have a great bond from what I have seen. So I believe that this man was in a desperate situation, and saw this as the only way out, which is such a shame.
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-04-2010, 10:11 PM
what did it say it wont let me access the link
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
All I was thinking is imagine being in a position, where you have no home, and can't look after your loving pet properly, so you try to get a rescue to take him on, and are refused, now you don't have a lot of money, may not be able to feed yourself or the dog properly, or find somewhere warm at night, and eventually it gets so bad that he did what he did, I can't condone it, but I can understand, how many people are told that their dogs can't come in, but then get told that if it was a stray it would be different he may of been told this and got so desperate that he did what he did, he may of even been watching at the time, as homeless people and their dogs have a great bond from what I have seen. So I believe that this man was in a desperate situation, and saw this as the only way out, which is such a shame.
I know what you are saying Chaz, and I feel for the homeless too and I have seen how some of them love their dogs,
I was just saying I thought it was a homeless woman and others thought it was a homeless man thats all
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
I know what you are saying Chaz, and I feel for the homeless too and I have seen how some of them love their dogs,
I was just saying I thought it was a homeless woman and others thought it was a homeless man thats all
Ahh, ok I thought you meant the person who found him probally sounds wrong to say, but I just assumed man, and to me the writing looks more like a mans writing too, although it could just as easily be a female who wrote it.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by spaznchevy View Post
what did it say it wont let me access the link
Its about a homeless person who was struggling with their dog, they say in the note that they had tried to take the dog to a rescue, but was turned down, and that the dog deserves better then they can give.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >