Our sister sites
Our sister sites
vickileigh63
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2009, 03:51 PM

How can I get my dogs back???? Advice needed ASAP

Hi all,
I left my partner 3 months ago and he will not give me 2 dogs who are my pride and joy!
Since I left I have spoken to the police, solicitors and RSPCA and they cant get me my dogs back.
The main reason for this is that when I left I left my dogs paperwork and the one time I went back to the house he had hidden it. The house belongs to him and even though my dogs are livin and breathing they are classed as items in his property!!! I have been to where I bought my dogs and they have both given me proof that I was the person that bought them. The dogs are microchipped in my name but at that address.
He does not want them he does not even like dogs but he is doin it out of spite because I left him.
The police will not let me report them as stolen, the RSPCA dont want to know and the solicitor can not get them for me.
Does any one know of any way that I can get them, I am desperate and been fighting a loosing battle for the last 3 months.
Please help !!!!!!!!
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2009, 03:56 PM
That's awful! I wish there was something I could think of. I'd probably end up covertly sneaking them back when he's out or something. Not nice for the dogs either - especially if he's not bothered about them. Sorry I have no better advice - sure there'll be someone along soon who might know something to give you a case to get them back.
vickileigh63
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2009, 03:59 PM
I have tried i went to the back of the house where there is a gate onto a field and was goin to open the gate and wait on the field for them 2 wonder out but he was 1 step ahead of me and but a big lock on the gate!!!!! He has all the neighbours looking out 4 me, changed the locks and alarm
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2009, 04:02 PM
That is awful. I am sorry I don't have any advice about what you can do. I would have thought letters from the breeders stating you purchased them and letter from the microchip company should prove it is you not him who owns them (perhaps you need a solicitor who is very up on animal laws etc) as presumably if they were found as strays they would contact that address and ask for you.

I would also contact all the local rehoming places in case he tries to rehome them without your knowledge. I know they are all terribly busy but if you plead with them and provide proof (th eletters microchips etc) they may contact you if he does try to rehome them.

Failing that I agree with above poster not that I am condoning you do anything illegal but maybe get a mutual friend to walk the dogs and lose them, or leave the gate open or go round and take them he would then have to prove they were his which would be difficult if you changed the name on the microchip etc
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-10-2009, 04:03 PM
As you left them behind when you left him, from a legal point of view they haven't really been stolen.. The problem with relationship breakups is that some people will use any means possible to hurt the other person. Play nice and he might relent and let you have them, or offer to buy them back from him. Stay in touch with him and when he's had enough he might give them back. The thing is, the more he thinks you want them the less likely he is to let you have them. Try reverse phychology and act like your not bovvered it might get a result.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2009, 04:04 PM
If you go quiet and perhaps concede maybe he would relax security and then you can nab them?? I can't believe the neighbours would really want to be involved even if he has told them to look out for you. Hope someone has some really good advice for you and you can get them back soon!
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by vickileigh63 View Post
I have tried i went to the back of the house where there is a gate onto a field and was goin to open the gate and wait on the field for them 2 wonder out but he was 1 step ahead of me and but a big lock on the gate!!!!! He has all the neighbours looking out 4 me, changed the locks and alarm
Hmm.. difficult. Do you know if he's caring for them properly? ie. the RSPCA couldn't seize them on grounds other than them not belonging to him? Is there no 'third party' - like one of his friends that you know/trust that you could try and get to reason with him?
vickileigh63
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Thanx for all replies so far. I am not in a position to buy them back at the moment and he is not aloud to contact me due to an on going police case which I am a witness to. He is violent with the dogs and has no time for them and when he is away workiin he leaves them with his mum who is on his side. I have tried everythin and no joy and I am really at the end of my teather now
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Go back to him, on the pretence that you will give the relationship another go.

Then scarper with the dogs the minute the idiot's back is turned.......

It's the only thing I can think of....
Simira
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Stupid that you can't report him to the police as stolen... if I was visiting you, and forgot my wallet with a 10 grand in it, and you denied to give it back, wouldn't it then be theft? As the legal and registered owner you should be allowed to do as you want with the dogs, whether it be taking them away or whatever.
Did you try sending someone else? A dogwalker, groomer, vet, or something, to "see" the dog for an appointment?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >