View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-04-2012, 06:28 PM

It's my fault because my dogs were on a lead....

....so the other dog walker told me when his JRT came up to us snapping and growling on last night's walk

lady didn't appreciate this dog being in her face and reacted - through her excitement she grabbed my leg - ouch!

I told the guy 'I just got a bite out of that'. He told me it was my fault because I had put my dogs on the lead. Told him he was talking sh@*$Łe and I was then told that everyone who walks down that lane says the same thing and he knows better because he walks down that lane three times a day, he even lives at the end of it

Numpty.

Rant over.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2012, 06:33 PM
What a tool!

I hope your leg recovers quickly ... ouch indeedy!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2012, 06:58 PM
They cover the length and breadth of the country don't they

Hope your leg soon recovers and that the other chap moves house!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2012, 07:00 PM
That's almost as bad as what I got told a while ago, whilst my dog was onlead when hers came charging up to us, snapping and snarling, because she had HER ball in HER mouth, of course, it was all HER fault wasn't it......not!!!! Some people hey!!! Hope your leg is ok.

We had a phone in on BBC Radio Sussex this morning which was quite interesting, all about offlead aggressive dogs, one poor woman having her little yorkshire terrier set upon and killed in front of her by a greyhound, but the bloke said his dog was only playing with it, he obviously hadn't noticed all the blood as it was biting it to death! Oh this is getting sickening out there now isn't it, why don't people take the time and trouble to train their dogs properly!!!!
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Poor you. Hope your leg is not too bad and heals quickly.
Ignorant pillocks live everywhere. My Buffy has been attacked 3 times (all JRT's),when I see unknown dogs at the woods I tend to put the dogs on a lead until I know the approaching ones are fine. On all occassions I have been told 'Oh they are o.k. with other dogs' and by some miracle its always the 'first time' they have ever gone for another dog. Like hell it is. I now avoid walking at certain times because if Buffy sees these dogs her hackles go up and I am sure in her doggy brain she thinks that if she is going to get bitten she will get in first. You can bet your bottom dollar that if she did bite one of these precious little darlings the owners would be at the solicitors before the day was done.