Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Mmm think it is called "hyperbole"!

I have often "threatened" Izzy with a return to her kennel existence!
Doesn't mean I would actually follow through.

They are not like people in that they understand everything you say to them (even though my Mum thinks this is the case!).
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2011, 02:25 PM
If M&M are naughty, I often threaten to chop off their tails.... "snip, snip"
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-12-2011, 02:33 PM
This reminds me of a time when I was working in rescue . There was a notorious staffie x that would only target the kennel staff when she was walked with volunteers. Bit she was a bit of a coward really as she would wait until our backs were turned and then lunge and try and nip us on the ****. She would do the same as we walked out of her kennel, but if we turned around and faced her mid flow she would run behind her shed. She also used to scream her head off at us everytime we walked passed. My colleague figured as she was shouting feck off baststeward basteward basteward everytime, under the name space on the feed board for her kennel he would write "cnut". Weeks like we had his favourite dog walker most upset asking if that's how we all felt about her
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2011, 02:37 PM
I tell Mouse I'll beat the rest of her black and blue to match her bum! LOL.

I threaten Ollie with a flight back to Houston

Boo gets threatened by "I'm never letting you on my lap ever again!" (the worst thing in the world, in his mind LOL)

and when people say that Mouse is lucky to have found me, and seems so happy, I tell them "Nahh, she is just putting on a front... I beat her" I wonder why no one believes me?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2011, 02:47 PM
i always threaten to kill mine or give them away... or i tell asbo im going to put him in a pot and cook him or batter them....

i always say it but would never ever lay a finger on them just one of those things, i always say id kill my sister, doesnt mean i would actually do it

think youre over reacting a bit, you dont know the person doesnt mean it just jokingly...

probably just light hearted
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2011, 02:51 PM
I think, over the years, I've threatened 'to kill' all my dogs and my kids and my exes too!

I will kill you if you keep on was almost a term of endearment in my house when the kids were younger! And I am often heard to mutter to the mutt 'if you are in my handbag again - you're DEAD!'
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2011, 03:04 PM
I regularly tell mav that unless he comes out of the canal/resevoir/lake/quarry (you get the idea!) i'm going to come in there after him and drown him!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
I regularly tell mav that unless he comes out of the canal/resevoir/lake/quarry (you get the idea!) i'm going to come in there after him and drown him!
You've reminded me of my mother when I was little and living in the busy centre of London. She was oft heard to threaten us with 'if you run into that road and get knocked down I will murder you'
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Alex tells K he's going to put her in a kebab (there was a rumour one of the chinese's in the city was selling dog and passing it off as some other meat, it WAS just a rumour thank god) Just K though as she is the naughtiest
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
Alex tells K he's going to put her in a kebab (there was a rumour one of the chinese's in the city was selling dog and passing it off as some other meat, it WAS just a rumour thank god) Just K though as she is the naughtiest
thats why i say to asbo im gonna put him in a pot and cook him, the hairless cresteds were used as food when sailors ran out
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >