View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 01:52 PM
why are their so many mink about in the first place though wouldnt it be something to do with humans!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
why are their so many mink about in the first place though wouldnt it be something to do with humans!
mink were brought her to farm their fur.

They were released into the countryside by animal activists.

they are prolific breeders and are incredible hunters/killers, they have become a massive problem to our indigenous wildlife, and need to be controlled.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Exactly. Humans messed up - now they are in need of controling - humans have caused more damage than any mink, fox, badger ect could ever cause!

was'nt that long ago that 50,000 mink were released from fur farms in greece.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

08-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Exactly. Humans messed up - now they are in need of controling - humans have caused more damage than any mink, fox, badger ect could ever cause!

was'nt that long ago that 50,000 mink were released from fur farms in greece.
So should we just hold out hands up and say..our fault!! and leave the mink to kill off all out endangered wildlife
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
So should we just hold out hands up and say..our fault!! and leave the mink to kill off all out endangered wildlife
where have I said that? all I did was point out why so many mink are out killing the wildlife - I never commented on how I believe they should be controlled - just 'why' they need controlling.

I think their beautiful animals, but are defo causing problems for our wildlife - and do need controlling.

There was a mink at the wildlife hospital like you said once caught you can not release - do I agree with keeping it in captivity all its life or would I prefer its life to be ended as I dont believe it would have a decent quality of life - well I shall let you work that one out yourself.

I may not agree with general hunting, but I am not naive to the problems some of our wildlife can cause.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

08-01-2011, 02:14 PM
where have I said that?
You didn't, but the tone of your post gave no inclination to your view on what should be done other than "its our fault" , thats why I asked the question
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Shooting is an appalling way of dealing with an animal which can easily be trapped and either pts in a humane way or neutered and given other relevant vet treatment.

Happens all the time. The shooting option is taken by those who want to enjoy the action of shooting a living animal and justify that by saying they are dealing with 'pests'.

rune
Appalling to you perhaps,but perfectly legal and activley encouraged by DEFRA for various species.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
You didn't, but the tone of your post gave no inclination to your view on what should be done other than "its our fault" , thats why I asked the question
ahh right. well there you go.
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Posting with a still very fuzzy head after spending much of the day in bed, but really, 8 million feral cats that need humane trapping and pts, because if we release them, then they can still predate on wildlife, so re-releasing can't be an option, surely, at least not for ALL of them, if they are such a problem. But I'm struggling about the 8 million thing, wonder who's going to foot that bill?

Right, have to take me and my fuzzy head, and two giddy Labradors off for a walk.....
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Thats super, Im chuffed for you. if you cant see the point Im making then Im past caring, as I said your opinion holds no interest for me anyway.

With regard to the forums you go on, Ive seen thanks.
your point is completley contradictory and hypocritical lol

and with regards to the forums i go on...are you stalking me or summat lmfao

yeah yet another alien species freed by man to predate our native wildlife....you cant blame any of the alien species , neither the cat,mink,grey squirrel,pheasant,red legged partridge etc etc.....its all down to mans ignorance, greed or stupidity that theyre here!
Page 23 of 37 « First < 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 > Last »