Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 05:32 PM

Another "tail" thread!!

Okies, other threads aside, I notice that the Working and Pastoral breeds of Wales show didnt charge an entry fee to get into the show this year, I believe other years they have. They did however charge £5 to park the car!! They havent done that before!! Could it be that they gained the showground entry by charging the car parking fee, to allow legally docked breeds to exhibit there? I mean you cant show a docked dog at a show where the public have to pay to gain entry, could this be a way round?
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Dawn, not sure I fully understand what you are saying but you can show legally docked dogs at a show where the public are charged. I'm talking KC shows here.
Bilclarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Hi Dawn

Yes your right there charging for parking rather than entry so that docked dogs can be shown even if they where docked after the ban eg if they where bought in Ireland etc

Mo and the Gang
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Hi Pita.
Im confused to say the least! This is from the KC website, how does that read to you?

Dogs which were docked on or after 6th April 2007 (28th March for shows held in Wales).

If your dog was docked on or after 6th April 2007 (28th March for shows held in Wales and irrespective of where it was docked) it will not, under the law, be permitted to be shown at any show in England or Wales where the public are admitted on payment of a fee.

However, if your dog was legally docked either in the UK or in another country on or after 28th March/6th April 2007, you will be permitted to compete with it at:

(a) all shows held in Scotland

(b) all shows held in Northern Ireland

(c) those shows held in England and Wales where the public do not pay to be admitted.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Pita View Post
Dawn, not sure I fully understand what you are saying but you can show legally docked dogs at a show where the public are charged. I'm talking KC shows here.
I thought it was the other way around

You cant show any dogs docked after the ban in any show where they public pay an entry fee.

You can show legally docked dogs , i.e working gundogs, at shows where their in no entry fee
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:13 PM
From that is seems what you say is correct but does that mean that the dogs entered at Crufts in the Game Keeper classes will no longer be docked and will any duel purpose dog, who can be legally docked, not be able to be shown at any champ show where they charge entry to the public?

As you say another example of a rule from the KC not thought out.

When I asked about the wording I needed to put on the schedules nothing was mentioned about this and what about the dogs that are docked because of injury and given permission to show, will they only be able to be shown at shows were the public are let in free?

I asked because my club only has shows for hounds and no hound in the uk is or as far as I know has ever been docked – I was told I still had to have the “official KC worded notice” in the schedule and on the cover, daft of what.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Yes Jackie you are right it does also mention the wording on ALL schedules.

So do we have to look at out schedules now then to see if the public have to pay to get in? meaning if they do a legally docked dog cant compete? Bit off innit!! Off to Scotland we go!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Pita View Post
From that is seems what you say is correct but does that mean that the dogs entered at Crufts in the Game Keeper classes will no longer be docked and will any duel purpose dog, who can be legally docked, not be able to be shown at any champ show where they charge entry to the public?

As you say another example of a rule from the KC not thought out..
I would think if they have been docked after April o7 , then NO they will not be able to show at Crufts

And as you say, as usual not very well thought out!!
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Tell you what, I'm so glad I've got hounds! I would be doing my nut if I had previously gained entry into a show via my entry, had no car park charges to pay and then suddenly had to fork out £5 for a car park purely so someone can show a docked dog!

Debs
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >