Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Wire Haired View Post
I haven't assumed the child abused the dog.

I said that people blame the dog and expect it to have morals and ethics if it so much as nips a child after being pulled about.
You are generalizing way too much. Any incident with a dog biting a child, or an adult for that matter, needs to be taken on a case by case basis. But there is a big difference between a bite or nip and a sustained attack that resulted in death. They are incomparable.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-11-2009, 04:03 PM
]

I said:

While I think it is sometimes right that dogs that kill are put to sleep

You seriously think that all dogs that kill should be put to sleep? Even if they've killed a rabbit. Even if they killed another dog. Even if they killed a child by pulling them on lead under a car? Even if they killed an adult because they tripped over the dog and banged their head? You think ALL dogs should be put to sleep no matter what or how they kill?
Since when has the thread been about dog on dog aggression, or rabbit for that matter, the subject of the topic is dog kills child, tripping over your dog and banging your lead is hardly a frenzied attack , that results in a person dying...

Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Me too perhaps they have had a recent bad experience with their own dogs being attacked ?????

Oh no, its not the story teller is it
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 04:04 PM
I said:

You seriously think that all dogs that kill should be put to sleep? Even if they've killed a rabbit. Even if they killed another dog. Even if they killed a child by pulling them on lead under a car? Even if they killed an adult because they tripped over the dog and banged their head? You think ALL dogs should be put to sleep no matter what or how they kill?
Are you struggling to understand the word 'PERSON'
I said any dog that kills a PERSON should be pts.
Yes thats PERSON, not other animal. If you care to read my posts i did say that dog on dog aggression(and any dog animla aggression) is not the same as dog HUMAN aggression.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 04:06 PM
I said:

You haven't actually read the quote you quoted which referred to people being killed by a dog. If a person trips over a dog they haven't been killed by a dog. If I trip over my hoover, hit my head and die - did my hoover kill me???

I smell a troll...
Wire Haired
New Member!
Female 

30-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
You are generalizing way too much. Any incident with a dog biting a child, or an adult for that matter, needs to be taken on a case by case basis. But there is a big difference between a bite or nip and a sustained attack that resulted in death. They are incomparable.
I'm not allowed to talk generally about dogs?

As I don't know this particular dog or owners to join in with all of you who obviously do I'd better back out now.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Tongue in cheek obviously, why did you think I used the ?
I'm not allowed to talk generally about dogs?

As I don't know this particular dog or owners to join in with all of you who obviously do I'd better back out now.
Or reveal yourself
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 04:10 PM
you are obviously struggling... were not talking generally about dogS but more of one dog that killed a child.
It mauled the child so badly that he died at the scene...that is enough evidence to say the dog should be destroyed.
Wire Haired
New Member!
Female 

30-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
Are you struggling to understand the word 'PERSON'
I said any dog that kills a PERSON should be pts.
Yes thats PERSON, not other animal. If you care to read my posts i did say that dog on dog aggression(and any dog animla aggression) is not the same as dog HUMAN aggression.
You could read my posts too, the ones you've just quoted! I said a dog that kills. You decided to insert the word people.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
As I said, I know the dogs actions were wrong but as always in these types of circumstances the full blame always ends with the dog. It is another classic example of why you don't leave dogs alone with kids regardless of how much you trust your dog or your kids.

Obviously this dog had some issues but I highly doubt it attacked for no reason.

It is a terrible tragedy and I really feel for the childs family but I think it is all too easy these days to put 100% blame on the dog and for humans to ease their own guilt in doing so. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but it's just my opinion.
What do you think they should have done with the dog then? Sorry, its my opinion that they had no choice but to kill it.THe family of the boy have their own cross to bear, but there was no option with the dog.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 04:12 PM
You could read my posts too, the ones you've just quoted! I said a dog that kills. You decided to insert the word people.
I'm pretty sure this isn't the behaviour of a new member....Have you even introduced yourself yet? Or are you just spoiling for a fight over a very tragic incident?
Page 8 of 53 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »