Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 05:43 AM

Good morning folks!

Morning all,

My knee feels better today, so resting it yesterday did the trick. It’s still not right, and gives me gyp if I overdo it, and by that I mean walk more than 500 yards but it’s so much better than it was a few weeks ago.

Dogs had chicken wings for breakfast, which they munched with glee, and then mithered me for more…. No chance, fatties

Off to walk them shortly – Baz’s turn for a lie in – I might even make him toast today.

Beef and lamb kebabs with mushroom rice for lunch – oh yes!

Have a great bank holiday, everyone, and stay safe!

Today’s gem :
Sometimes it DOES take a Rocket Scientist!! (true story)
Scientists at Rolls Royce built a gun specifically to launch dead chickens at the windshields of airliners and military jets all travelling at maximum velocity. The idea is to simulate the frequent incidents of collisions with airborne fowl to test the strength of the windshields.
American engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the windshields of their new high speed trains. Arrangements were made, and a gun was sent to the American engineers.
When the gun was fired, the engineers stood shocked as the chicken hurled out of the barrel, crashed into the shatterproof shield, smashed it to smithereens, blasted through the control console, snapped the engineer's back-rest in two and embedded itself in the back wall of the cabin like an arrow shot from a bow.
The horrified Yanks sent Rolls Royce the disastrous results of the experiment, along with the designs of the windshield and begged the British scientists for suggestions.
Rolls Royce responded with the following one-line memo:
Defrost the chicken !

Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 05:55 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all
Aw Vicki, I hope that knee of yours gets better asap!
A lovely bright morning here, got a few things planned, gardening, dog walking, shops, dog walking and then cleaning out my guinea pigs!
Have a good day everyone!!
Claire xx
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 06:02 AM

Nearly spat my coffee all over the keyboard with todays gem

I'm glad your knee is feeling better I don't think I did to much damage to my ankle yesterday, I've only had to slap on the pain relief twice, but the ankle does feel stiff and swollen, although it doesn't look swollen, the place we went was very soft and soggy underfoot, so it was easy walking, I do find walking on pavements the worse, so try to avoid them as much as possible

Hope you all have a good one

Christine
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 06:07 AM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Aw Vicki, I hope that knee of yours gets better asap!
A lovely bright morning here, got a few things planned, gardening, dog walking, shops, dog walking and then cleaning out my guinea pigs!
Have a good day everyone!!
Claire xx
Morning Claire

Originally Posted by CLMG View Post

Nearly spat my coffee all over the keyboard with todays gem

I'm glad your knee is feeling better I don't think I did to much damage to my ankle yesterday, I've only had to slap on the pain relief twice, but the ankle does feel stiff and swollen, although it doesn't look swollen, the place we went was very soft and soggy underfoot, so it was easy walking, I do find walking on pavements the worse, so try to avoid them as much as possible

Hope you all have a good one

Christine
Morning Christine
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 06:08 AM

loved today's gem

weather looking good here for a sunny bank holiday. Hope everyone has a great one x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 06:09 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post

loved today's gem

weather looking good here for a sunny bank holiday. Hope everyone has a great one x
Morning Pat - yep! It's nice here too
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 06:21 AM
Morning Vicki,morning all,
glad the knee is on the mend .Think we are having an "at home" dayas the only way to "escape" from here,is M25, North Circ,or M11 not for the faint hearted on a bank holiday

Have a good day everyone, hope the sunshines whereever you are
Jeanette
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
Morning Vicki,morning all,
glad the knee is on the mend .Think we are having an "at home" dayas the only way to "escape" from here,is M25, North Circ,or M11 not for the faint hearted on a bank holiday

Have a good day everyone, hope the sunshines whereever you are
Jeanette
Morning Jeanette - totally agree, hon
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 06:49 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all. Dry here so far this morning and bright. Hope it lasts. Off to shop for the funeral tomorrow and hope we can then start to get things back to a semblance of normality in our house. It's been a horrific few weeks. Hope you all have a lovely bank holiday.
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-05-2008, 06:52 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all,

Glad your knee is a bit better this morning Vicki. Don't over do it.

Off to Monster Mansions today with the kids which is a huge indoor play area then we promised them Mcdonalds for tea.

Then I'll have to baths and iron the school uniform etc
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >