Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2022, 09:01 AM

Sunny Sunday 27th February 2022

Morning all. Well as Moyra would say That's another month nearly over. We miss you Moyra. Hope you are ok. Hoping everyone else is this sunny morning. I am sad as one of the near neighbours moves out today. He was always friendly in talking to me. Lets hope the next one will be just as friendly. I must admit I am looking around again to see what is available to rent as I would like a small garden so that I could maybe have a pet of some kind. Would give me a purpose. Unfortunately the nearest kennels don't need anymore helpers. Have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-02-2022, 10:29 AM
Morning brenda.
Sunny yet breezy here again to, so making the most of the weather and put the little bit of washing in and then out on the line.
Totally agree with Chris and griff the Ukranian President has changed the face of politics none of the others would do as he has done.
They all have big boots to fill now.

brenda hoping you get a nice new neighbour and good luck in your search for finding a new place with a garden.

griff you are right about all the new people who have brought pets during lockdown and over burdoning the vet system, Katherine said as much herself last week.
We have a vet up the road that we can register with if needed in the future.
Chris hope Dave's blood tests show he is tolerating the new meds well.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2022, 10:35 AM
Good morning Brenda,Lynn and all wo follow

Hugs to you Lynn. You were good owners and did everything right. My vet is over run with clients. I had to wait for a slot so that I could get Teasel's booster done the original was at the beginning of December but they cancelled because of cividd so had to wait until the end of January.

Hope you have a good new neigbour Brenda and also that you find somewhere with a garden that allows pets.

Lovely here too. Teazle walked, apple crumbles made and deadheaded the hydrangea as the garden bin is collected tomorrow.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2022, 10:42 AM
Good Morning Brenda and of course all to follow.

Been out with Gert; it bright and sunny here not to warm but a nice bright day, washing on the line. Off for a meal later with some friends we are up in number to 8 now that's enough anymore and I find the conversation splits into small groups. Is that just me or does anyone else notice that?

Brenda That sounds like the plan of a woman who is comfortable with her life and knows what she is aiming for will you stay in the location you are? Or at least she will not settle for what she does not want. Good on you.

Chris Hope all is going well with you and yours. Your health is ultra important so look after yourselves.

Lynn Glad you are taking steps towards settling your heart with time it does not ease it just gets a less raw pain I think. The holiday will be just what you need I think.

Sue How lovely to have all the children together again and see your daughter in law hope the family will be reunited totally by the Summer.

Griff Have a great day.

Moyra Have a good day and hope all is good with you.

Have a great day everyone catch you later. See what happens when you daydream people sneak in the thread,
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2022, 12:02 PM
Afternoon all
Brenda, hope you find somewhere you can have a pet.
Sue...busy again
Lynn, good there's a very nearby if required
Kazz, I can't have a conversation in a large group so I tend to just speak to one or two at a time
Chris... hope Dave's tablets do the trick, especially if it is better for his tummy.
Well I had words in a round about fashion with next door yesterday....today two ambulances with 4 paramedics, once again she hasn't been taken away. It's utterly pathetic and a huge waste of resources, my neighbour who has cancer was told she had to wait 5 hours when I called ambulance for her. Both her and a mother want a right good slap
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2022, 12:23 PM
Thats terrible Griff; as speaking to my sister today her elderly neighbour had a fall yesterday afternoon in the bathroom she fell blocking the bathroom door.

Her meals ion wheels man came let himself in she was not in the chair or kitchen called her and discovered she was in the bathroom phoned ambulance and her daughter then police as he could not open the bathroom door.

The police came first and sent for the fire brigade as they needed to remove the door and frame.

They got her out and the paramedics believe she has fractured her shin and elbow and the rest of her is badly bruised but lucky not to of fallen the other way up against the radiator burns you could not bare thinking about.

She will need fluids she was with the district nurse who left at 10.15am the meals on wheels man came at 1.30 and she went to the bathroom just after the district nurse left so on floor until 3.15pm when fire brigade got her out. So on the floor for maybe 4 hours.

Heartlands hospital is closed to ambulances due to covid (not gone away) and the paramedics said the longest wait a patient has had on the ambulance is 32 hours.................. WOW she was taken and admitted to Queen Elizabeth last night for fluids, x-rays and assessment.

The district nurse came back for her 2nd daily visit and was distraught that she had not gone while she was there but that's not Vi. They come in three times a day.

The ambulance service is under pressure the ambulance arrived at 4.20pm almost 3 hours from call to response after police district nurse and fire brigade all phoned to chase as well. They are so busy.

They did warn her family that she may be on the ambulance for a while she was admitted at 11.30pm last night but she was admitted we await news.

People like your neighbour may need help but so do others.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2022, 02:10 PM
The nutter next door just needs ending, she is a waste of oxygen, gone off with mummy in the car slamming the door so needed 2 ambulances quite obviously. All the houses can't wait for her to be gone..... don't know what the landlords are playing at, anyone owes me a tennr and messes about paying and I warn them...£10,000 and they would disappear
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2022, 09:31 PM
Finally Steve's present has arrived so hopefully will get chance to drop it off tomorrow