Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2021, 04:45 AM

Daily Thread Wednesday 26th May 2021

Morning all
Woke up stupidly early again .....3am, too much going on in my head.
Got some new scales being delivered today...they connect with my phone and keep track of my weight for me.....my weight is really confusing me, the nurse told me to cut out carbs when I was seeing her before Christmas...she then said that if I was having them, just at breakfast, sooooo start of December all I was eating in a day was a cheese sandwich so obviously I was losing weight. That wasn't healthy and actually made my condition worse so as it was Christmas, I just ate and drank what I wanted and basically the drinking carried on until 2 weeks ago, I went to the drs yesterday and the lady weighed me and despite doing pretty much what I wanted carbs wise....I have only put on around 600g!! I literally have no idea what's going on.
She looked at my knees for me, agreed they are incredibly swollen and said if I get a fever I have to go straight to a&e. Was going to contact the rheumatologist for me but i said I have an appointment early June so she said I should tell them then and they might want to look into the crunching for me.....they won't because they don't seem bothered about anything, sadly not a patch on my old consultant
Ooooo, nearly forgot......we have a man coming today to quote for laying new lawns
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2021, 07:51 AM
Good morning Kelly and all who follow

Lets hope this consultants listens to you as you shouldn't have to live with pain if something can be done. Hope note for new grass is a good one

Lovely day here for a change. Washing on the line and Teazle walked. Now making a lasagne ready for lunch. Have the hairdresser later this morning. It will be nice to get it cut have not been since the beginning of December

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2021, 09:28 AM
Morning griff, Sue and all to follow.
Weather started off nice, so put the sheets out early and did the towels, just gone out but the weather is now looking ominous again.
Next door having their wall done and I noticed the van bumper was over the drive so I popped out and mentioned it very nicely and said I wasn't trying to be a nag.
Guy really nice and understood and explained he would and and was going to move it back later but Krisha's car was still parked there when he turned up and he needed to unload.
Sometimes I just wish I didn't feel the need to say anything and wait to see what happens.
Margaret went for her pre-op assessment yesterday operating on the 1st June. Guess what her files were found when Surgeon and the Secretary returned to work.
Guess they were in or others in/out tray.

griff Gill had Lupus and her knees use to be awful she had them drained once and only once she said she never go through that again.
She would bandage them instead. Even back then before the cancer that she fought for 11 years so I'm going back a long way nobody really understood the illness or were that bothered.
Dreadful really so little care.
Sue enjoy the hairdresser.
Kazz hope your BIL is doing as well as can be expected.

Keep safe everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2021, 09:42 AM
Morning all

Up late this morning gone 8am could not sleep last night at all no idea why.

Lovely morning bin men been and gone bins soaking with in there too. Washing on the line but does not look like the morning weather will hold who knows.
Chris Glad you have a budding tech geek. LOL

Catch you all later.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-05-2021, 10:03 AM
yes Sue has taken her wig to the heaidressers instead of sending it by post. Ha ha
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2021, 12:28 PM
Good afternoon all.

Light rain here all morning, but hasn't stopped us enjoying our walk, breakfast and coffee

Two new plugs ordered for Gary's computer so he doesn't have to keep plugging and unplugging into the socket and breaking off the plastic bit.

Daughter has finally been to physio and had her back actually examined this morning. They are sending her for an MRI to see what's going on (which should have happened months ago with a decent doctor).

Youngest lad still in a lot of pain with his broken rib, but hopefully it is slowly, very slowly easing.

Dave much better this morning and his chest is a lot easier. I think he came out in sympathy with John

Fingers crossed Kelly that they can sort you out very soon and ease your pain xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2021, 01:14 PM
Glad your daughter has been seen at last Chris. So bad she has had to wait so long.
I broke a rib many years ago boy it is painful and takes ages to heal, Gorden did to and both of us still experience some twinges every now and then.
Glad Dave is feeling better.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2021, 02:36 PM
Chris try and get some arnica tablets for the bruising with cracked rib/s. Take them orally. Just incase you want to read up about it first:https://homeopathyplus.com/fractured-bones/